Series Talk: WCF VGK (Pacific) vs Jets (Central)

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Of course the guy I wanted at the trade deadline is on fire. McPhee blocked the wrong center. At least Eakin has been better in the playoffs than the regular season. I feel that Eakin and Oscar will have to be key contributors in getting Tuch on the scoreboard.

If only the top 2 lines are scoring, then that might not be enough. We get 3 scoring lines going and a 4th line that can keep the puck like they have been doing lately, we should wear the jets out. I'm sure that the jets think they can do the same to VGK, but I like our chances a lot in game 1 because of VGK having a week of rest and being able to make game plans for jets or preds and the jets focusing on nashville. It'll be interesting to see how much of a factor having a week off to rest and recharge their batteries so that they can take advantage of a jets team that should be tired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boris Zubov

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
It looks like I can only go to the game on the 18th because of the early game start. For those that are going to be able to go to every home game, I envy you guys. These games keep getting better.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
trust me you guys don't want to deal with bandwagon Hab fans crying over PK.

Though I can't wait to hear the new excuses and conspiracies about tired legs and Bettman screwing the Jets out of a rest.:ha:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
trust me you guys don't want to deal with bandwagon Hab fans crying over PK.

Though I can't wait to hear the new excuses and conspiracies about tired legs and Bettman screwing the Jets out of a rest.:ha:
Hey no BS in peace posts.
I know you guys had a great season as did we.
Hope it’s great hockey with no crap controversy.
No bad feelings.
Let’s enjoy this
I say 7 games we prevail ( i hope)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I hope the Jets are going to be tired and we take game 1 and then hold home ice the rest of the way. At least in my mind that's how we win this series.

They were talking about how it felt like they played 10 games in that series so maybe they took as much out of themselves throwing big hits as they did their opponents.

I hope Stastny is quiet this series.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK should have the advantage of rest getting into game 1 vs tired team. But have to wonder if coach Paul Maurice might swap out a few guys for some rested bodies.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
My two favourite teams collide. I’m a Winnipeg fan first though, that being said I was just in Vegas not even a week ago, wish I would had stayed to see a game there though.

Reactions: hangman005

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey Jets fan here.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Knights hockey this season, but I didn't watch the first few games of the season, and when they played the Jets.

Anyways, I'm sure their lines have changed a lot since then. Can you guys give a run down of the line up?

Is the first line Smith-Marchessault-Neal?

Curious who's playing up and down the line up.

This is going to be a long series, going to be a lot of ups and downs for both teams.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Hey Jets fan here.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Knights hockey this season, but I didn't watch the first few games of the season, and when they played the Jets.

Anyways, I'm sure their lines have changed a lot since then. Can you guys give a run down of the line up?

Is the first line Smith-Marchessault-Neal?

Curious who's playing up and down the line up.

This is going to be a long series, going to be a lot of ups and downs for both teams.

Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault
Neal-Haula-Perron
Tuch-Eakin-Carpenter
Nosek-Bellemare-Carrier

Reaves played for Carrier in game 6. Tatar has been in for Carpenter. Lindberg played for Nosek.

Reactions: Sweech

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This is a really fun last four this season. Unlike last year where you had some teams and fanbases that were probably thinking Cup or Bust, this year I think 3 of the fanbases are quite happy to have made it this far relative to expectations. Of course your mindset changes as you win, but all in all I think only the Lightning fans have been thinking all year they were serious Cup contenders. The Caps pulled the brilliant we're retooling mode on the NHL and finally got the victory they waited for. The Jets I think went in this year thinking it was about to turn around, but you could see the real expectations didn't emerge until they got into the season and played solid hockey all the way. The Knights, well what can you say we want a lot more, but this has already gone beyond our wildest dreams.

So let the pressure fall on Tampa and their lineup of a bunch of elite guys they may not be able to keep all together. The rest of us can enjoy the spotlight and the joy of May hockey that means a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad