Series Talk: WCF VGK (Pacific) vs Jets (Central)

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Bring it on! I'm kind of strange when it comes to heat. When I get in my car during the hottest parts of the year, I don't roll my windows down and I don't use the air conditioning. I love that baking in the heat type feeling! Although my favorite is really the humid heat in Florida. Heat > Cold. Which yeah, is kind of odd considering where I live.

You represent the Jets fans well (most of whom seem to be very reasonable folks). Thanks for keeping it classy here!

As for the heat, I think I was the one who said it would melt the Winnipeg fans. :naughty:

But I think you all may get off easy. There seems to be a bit of a cold snap so temps will probably stay under 100. Should be very comfortable actually.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Outstanding win and it feels great! Not trying to be too much of a downer, but let's keep in mind what they did to Nashville on the road last series. Winnipeg is a good road team for sure.

Maybe the bigger Jets are running out of fuel. That happened to the Kings and that was just the 4th game. Sharks couldn't keep up the pace in games 5 and 6 either.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Maybe the bigger Jets are running out of fuel. That happened to the Kings and that was just the 4th game. Sharks couldn't keep up the pace in games 5 and 6 either.

Sharks also had laundry list of injuries. (Although most players this time of year have something.)

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I find Canadian fans in general to be capable of friendly banter, much more so than us 'muricans.

Carp fans are still spewing hate our way.

I think a lot of the Pacific hate comes from the fact that we aren't just better than them in year 1, but are likely to be setup for a long time while their own future prospects don't look quite so bright.

Honestly I was surprised by all the hate coming from San Jose. I expected it from LA and Anaheim more. :dunno:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Gonna stick this here as I don't want to break the spell, and please consider it valid for all games in which I'm unable to post due to my absence...

GO!!!!! :vegas GO!!!!!

I'd like everyone to do me a solid. Do people still say that? Is that still cool? :laugh:

Defend the Fortress and quiet the whiteout (almost rhymes!) while I'm away!!!

I know everyone will. :thumbu:

Now, if I could only be just as certain that my house sitters will eat the fish from the freezer and not the aquarium... :biglaugh:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015

I wish that were true but the Jets are a whole different animal. They're probably more talented than our Knights, and a close match in speed as well. Terrified still with the matchup tbh, and even though I think we can win it I am not nearly as confident as I was in the first two rounds.

So here's hoping we get the series lead tonight. This is a big, big game for us.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wish that were true but the Jets are a whole different animal. They're probably more talented than our Knights, and a close match in speed as well. Terrified still with the matchup tbh, and even though I think we can win it I am not nearly as confident as I was in the first two rounds.

So here's hoping we get the series lead tonight. This is a big, big game for us.

Just thinking that in the games where they skate, skate skate it's an exhausting pace for bigger players pushing 350-400 hard minutes in the playoffs, and sometimes there's not much left by the 3rd period. I'm sure it's taxing on Neal, McNabb and Engelland as well.

Reactions: Vegas Mac

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad