Series Talk: WCF VGK (Pacific) vs Jets (Central)

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault
Neal-Haula-Perron
Tuch-Eakin-Carpenter
Nosek-Bellemare-Carrier

Reaves played for Carrier in game 6. Tatar has been in for Carpenter. Lindberg played for Nosek.

Carpenter was in for Nosek toward the end of last series. Lindberg was on 3rd line.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
They were talking about how it felt like they played 10 games in that series so maybe they took as much out of themselves throwing big hits as they did their opponents.

I hope Stastny is quiet this series.

I have been following the Avalanche ever since they moved from Quebec as my friend is a huge habs fan and wanted to watch Roy play when he came up here and we went to denver which is how I became an Avs fan and a hockey fan other than watching the olympic team play. (I still remember where I was when I heard that we beat Russia in 1980) Anyway, I've seen Stastny completely disappear most of the time. His nickname used to be Casper to the avs fans and was regarded as the most frustrating player as he was overpaid with colorado and even more right now with the blues/jets. I really like him as a 3C, but as a 2C I like Haula much more as a 2C and feel we have the advantage when comparing 2nd line centers. He might be hot now, but he can easily go ice cold.

And jets fans have been touting several of their top young players yet they are cold right now while VGK has shown that everyone can score, and the VGK dmen have come up big in big games as far as putting the biscuit in the basket.

If experience matters, then we have more vets than them. I expect big games from Neal and Perron. Neal has played really well, but if anyone looks at the box score, they won't see how well he's been playing throughout the playoffs. I believe that he'll get 3 to 4 goals and 4 to 6 apples.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
It's Vegas vs the world. An overwhelming amount of so-called more deserving Jets fans and experts claim that we'll lose in 5 or 6 games because all games are played on paper because we supposedly don't match up to an upcoming dynasty and we can't forget that Vegas fans are somehow not as real as they are (is it a Canada vs 'Murica thing?) and I wouldn't have it any other way. :soap:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
It's Vegas vs the world. An overwhelming amount of so-called more deserving Jets fans and experts claim that we'll lose in 5 or 6 games because all games are played on paper because we supposedly don't match up to an upcoming dynasty and we can't forget that Vegas fans are somehow not as real as they are (is it a Canada vs 'Murica thing?) and I wouldn't have it any other way. :soap:

Excluding Saskatchewan who have adopted VGK. (But the other provinces and territories might be rooting for Winnipeg.)

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
Good luck vegas fans its going to be a great series.its not going to be a cake walk for either team your team has surprised me since game 1 of the regular season. Hopefully none of our/your players get injured and one of our teams go on to win the cup may the best team win

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Excluding Saskatchewan who have adopted VGK. (But the other provinces and territories might be rooting for Winnipeg.)

Saskatchewan?

Uh....no.

Spent a few days visiting Regina, Saskatoon and, of course, Moose Jaw. The province is totally behind the Jets.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I rarely post on other teams' boards, but wanted to stop by to say good luck before we start hating each other.
Don't know how many of your fans know of the strong connections between LVK and Winnpeg/Manitoba.
Cody Glass, your first ever draft pick, was born in the Peg, as was your other Cody, and Ryan Reaves. (Ryan Reaves' father, Willard, was a Hall of Fame running back for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
Flin Flon's Vaughn Karpan is the team's director of player personnel. Former Manitoba Bisons captain Bob Lowes is the assistant director of player personnel. Lowes was inducted into the University of Manitoba's Hockey Hall of Fame with LVK AGM Kelly McCrimmon in attendance. Kelly, of course, has deep Manitoba roots and is absolute gold, as a person and hockey mind.
On the media side, there is Gary Lawless, who was (paid to be) a polarizing figure in Winnipeg, but for whom I have a lot of respect.
And finally, there are all those Canadian dollars that originated in the Peg, but found their way to Vegas, and stayed.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: behemolari

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Good luck vegas fans its going to be a great series.its not going to be a cake walk for either team your team has surprised me since game 1 of the regular season. Hopefully none of our/your players get injured and one of our teams go on to win the cup may the best team win
I would honestly like to see any team not named Lightning win the cup. Peg because I like the way they built the team, Vegas because Vegas, and Capitals because I don't want to see Ovi retire as Dan Marino.

Reactions: Kgame

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016

I think it's funny that many in the Canadian media are trying to make this a Canada v. USA series. Really? The Knights are more of a Canadian team than the Jets.

Look at the Winnipeg roster. They are American heavy (literally);
Byfgulien (at 260 lbs)
Captain Blake Wheeler
Goalie Hellebuyck
Other Americanos include: Trouba, Connor, Myers, et al.

So, stop all the nationalistic silliness (and that includes Toronto-centric NHL Network radio, but that's another story).

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

I have been in Toronto the last 5 weeks and there are very few Jets fans. I think there are just as many Leafs fans pulling for the Knights as the Jets and many of the pro-Jets people here are from Manitoba. No one here really is thinking about it as a win for Canada, that's just the media who says that since they all benefit from more interest somewhere.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I always like to read opposition GDT and series threads and one thing that I've noticed is that the Vegas HFBoard posters are the only fanbase that I haven't even seen one derogatory term from regarding the Jets or their fans. I may have missed one somewhere, but regardless, you guys are awesome. I've said this before, that I tried not to like Vegas when GMGM pulled his little trade deadline stunt, but I can't help but like this team and it's fans. I think your management did an amazing job putting this team together and I'm looking forward to a lot of great matchups!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Saskatchewan?

Uh....no.

Spent a few days visiting Regina, Saskatoon and, of course, Moose Jaw. The province is totally behind the Jets.

Jets fan here just wanted to confirm. I live in Saskatchewan and you wouldn't believe the amount of bandwaggoners that have been popping up with Jets gear. Being a Jets fan I noticed how little there was prior to our run and all the sudden it's ubiquitous. Saskatchewan will always be a very Leafs/Habs heavy fan culture. Coming in 3rd is likely the Oilers from a lot of their runs. Boston actually has a lot of fan in Saskatchewan. But Vegas doesn't have much.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad