Series Talk: WCF VGK (Pacific) vs Jets (Central)

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Game 7 is looking like a good possibility in Nashville this Thursday. Looks like Game 1 will be Saturday.

Regardless of who wins, let's hope they keep beating each other up so the winner is nice & tired.

It's a great way for the team to get some rest & recharge while watching these two fight it out!

GO!!!!! :vegas GO!!!!!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I see the NHL has game scheduled on NBC at 4pm on Saturday so seems like that comes down to which series is deemed better for ratings now that the East is set. I guess they could defer to Canadian ratings and put on the Jets if they are hosting.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Who do we want to face?

It’s very close I think we match up slightly better against Nashville who struggled a bit against Colorado but have taken a very good jets team to 7 games and hopefully would be a bit more tired against us.

Either way it’s going to be a hard fought series to win... I don’t think either team will let us get away with how we played against San Jose especially in games 2 and 3. Need to bring our A game.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
I see the NHL has game scheduled on NBC at 4pm on Saturday so seems like that comes down to which series is deemed better for ratings now that the East is set. I guess they could defer to Canadian ratings and put on the Jets if they are hosting.
Good find.

Seems like a Saturday start would penalize NSH or WPG (1 day of rest, which is actually a travel day if it's WPG), vs 5 days of rest for VGK and 4-5 for WSH & TBL.

Sunday for VGK-NSH/WPG? An extra day off between Games 2 & 3?

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Who do we want to face?

Nashville. Rinne is a disaster waiting to happen. Plus our speed matches up very favorably with them as opposed to the Jets all around size.

Either team is a really tough match up, so we're not going to be the favorites. Let's hope Game 7 goes 4 OTs & that the winner is exhausted, emotionally & physically, at the start of the WCFs.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Game 7 on Thursday (so two days with no NHL hockey).

All things being equal, my guess is that ECF will start on Friday and WCF Saturday, alternating days.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Really happy to see that series go 7. Preds played a great control game the other night, but I doubt they'll be able to keep Winnipeg down again in game seven. But we'll see. One thing's for sure though... If they do, the Knights might be facing a Rinne on a hot streak.

I think either way we're in for a really tough series in the western finals. As it should be.

Reactions: Igright

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Really happy to see that series go 7. Preds played a great control game the other night, but I doubt they'll be able to keep Winnipeg down again in game seven. But we'll see. One thing's for sure though... If they do, the Knights might be facing a Rinne on a hot streak.

I think either way we're in for a really tough series in the western finals. As it should be.

That's an awful lot of speculation. Have you watched Rinne in the playoffs the past two seasons? He is completely unpredictable from period to period. Assuming he's going to be on a hot streak after a game that hasn't been played yet is a little premature.

Predictions aside, rooting for a hard fought Game 7 is all we can do. The only thing we know for sure is we will be more rested than our opponent.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just heard from someone who's in the know. Vegas home games 3 & 4 are on the 16th & 18th. A possible Game 6 would be on the 22nd.

Which means Game 1, 2 & 5 are Saturday the 12th, Monday the 14th & Sunday the 20th, respectively.

Reactions: artificialintuition

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
That's an awful lot of speculation. Have you watched Rinne in the playoffs the past two seasons? He is completely unpredictable from period to period. Assuming he's going to be on a hot streak after a game that hasn't been played yet is a little premature.

Predictions aside, rooting for a hard fought Game 7 is all we can do. The only thing we know for sure is we will be more rested than our opponent.

Speculation is what we do here, isn't it?

And yes, I have watched Rinne plenty. And while the flak he gets is deserved I am not of the mind that we can overlook him or assume we'll light him up. Truth is he's still an elite netminder, and by that I mean when he gets on a roll he can stone another team all by himself.

Already said that Nashville is the better matchup for us. But that has to be taken into context a bit, as both teams represent serious challenges for us. Regardless of who we end up playing, it's almost surely going to be a tougher series than the first two.

Reactions: artificialintuition

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Speculation is what we do here, isn't it?

And yes, I have watched Rinne plenty. And while the flak he gets is deserved I am not of the mind that we can overlook him or assume we'll light him up. Truth is he's still an elite netminder, and by that I mean when he gets on a roll he can stone another team all by himself.

Already said that Nashville is the better matchup for us. But that has to be taken into context a bit, as both teams represent serious challenges for us. Regardless of who we end up playing, it's almost surely going to be a tougher series than the first two.

Agree on all points. Was just saying that predicting Rinne will be on a hot streak seemed premature.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
The schedule is very good. No matter who will be our rival that team is likely to be exhausted both physically and emotionally by the start of the series. Less than 48 hours between the win of one series and the start of the other for either Nashville or Winnipeg. Next games are also scheduled with the shortest interval possiblt.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I kinda want Winnepaeg, just because....

I think their fans might literally melt when they get to Vegas. :laugh:

Jets fans be like
snow16.jpg

Knights fans:

HeatMiser-550x413.jpg

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think we want Nashville but either way we are underdogs and the Central team will be favored in 6 or 7 games.

Honestly, I think it's just been a fun ride and as long as we don't go out easily this round and put up a good fight, I think the nerves are gone for me. Obviously might change if they get a good series lead or make it to a game 7.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I think we want Nashville but either way we are underdogs and the Central team will be favored in 6 or 7 games.

Honestly, I think it's just been a fun ride and as long as we don't go out easily this round and put up a good fight, I think the nerves are gone for me. Obviously might change if they get a good series lead or make it to a game 7.

Yup, it won't hurt so bad if we are booted, but I really want to see us keep going. Odds are this will not happen again any time soon. Gotta make the most of your chances when they are so rare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad