Pre-Game Talk: WCF: Anaheim Ducks vs Chicago Blackhawks Part II - GAME SEVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

The Hawk's d was good at getting into the lanes, not allowing too many shots getting to the goal, especially in the first period. But when shots got through ..... I know some don't want to hear this but Crawford was kicking out juicy rebounds all night long.

I noticed. Our D did a great job of clearing the area out. Perhaps the Ducks going for the shot/rebound/pass was found out a bit and there was a coaching adjustment on how the D played to take care of that.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Strange how people didn't think it was a legit possibility the Hawks would blow that 3 goal lead. I bet many sphincters were clenching after Stoner's goal to make it 3-2. That 3rd period was played pretty much 90% of the time in our zone. We were a Keith stick away from being tied at 3.

Maybe it's because some people actually have faith in their team. Something you don't know about.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Strange how people didn't think it was a legit possibility the Hawks would blow that 3 goal lead. I bet many sphincters were clenching after Stoner's goal to make it 3-2. That 3rd period was played pretty much 90% of the time in our zone. We were a Keith stick away from being tied at 3.

Debbie_Downer.PNG

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The NHL has announced that the Stanley Cup Final will begin on Wednesday June 3rd, regardless of who the participants are. That would give the Hawks 3 days off *if* they win on Saturday.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We all have to remember how we came into the playoffs. We limped in with a 4 game losing streak. We played pretty poor since the beginning of the calendar year. We were struggling big time to score goals. We were without Kane and had no idea he would see the ice again this season. We had no home ice advantage to start the playoffs. We fell behind 3-0 the first game of the playoffs.

From all of that above we are now in a game 7 to get into the finals against a great team. I had no belief whatsoever that when the playoffs started we would get this far. If we lose game 7 it will hurt and I will be disappointed but also grateful we got a heck of a lot further than I thought was possible when the regular season ended.. Some people have insane expectations and unless we win it all will spew hatred at Q, Bowman, Bickell, whoever. The one thing I do fear is the moaning we will hear if we lose game 7 about Q's bonehead lineup switches in game 3. That will be the focus and blame on why we lose if it happens and it will last pretty much forever in here.........

That thought pattern should have changed at the TD after Stan finally brought in a much needed player (Vermette) with a bonus in Desjardins as well as a depth dman who was hungry in Timonen... and then when Kane was declared fit to play, we were ready to go the distance.

. The one thing I do fear is the moaning we will hear if we lose game 7 about Q's bonehead lineup switches in game 3. That will be the focus and blame on why we lose if it happens and it will last pretty much forever in here.........

And for good reason That was an atrocious decision.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
We all have to remember how we came into the playoffs. We limped in with a 4 game losing streak. We played pretty poor since the beginning of the calendar year. We were struggling big time to score goals. We were without Kane and had no idea he would see the ice again this season. We had no home ice advantage to start the playoffs. We fell behind 3-0 the first game of the playoffs.

From all of that above we are now in a game 7 to get into the finals against a great team. I had no belief whatsoever that when the playoffs started we would get this far. If we lose game 7 it will hurt and I will be disappointed but also grateful we got a heck of a lot further than I thought was possible when the regular season ended.. Some people have insane expectations and unless we win it all will spew hatred at Q, Bowman, Bickell, whoever. The one thing I do fear is the moaning we will hear if we lose game 7 about Q's bonehead lineup switches in game 3. That will be the focus and blame on why we lose if it happens and it will last pretty much forever in here.........

Why wouldn't people criticize one of the single worst coaching decisions of the last 12 months?

That's right up there with Pete Carroll choosing to pass on the goal line.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Why wouldn't people criticize one of the single worst coaching decisions of the last 12 months?

No it's not right up there with the Seahawks passing on the goal line. That's ridiculous to suggest that.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

Certainly no problem criticizing it, its just it will be harped on forever. While we certainly had a better chance to win if he wouldn't of made the changes there is no guarantee we would have. You can believe we would have, but we don't know.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
BWC do you still say they should have been sellers at the deadline?

If they don't make Timonen and Vermette move I don't believe they would have struggled to get this far

Team would have been better off keeping assets and not trading for those 2

You can argue Vermette has had an occasional good moment (Few and far between) but there isn't a single argument to be made that Timonen has brought a single positive to this organization on the ice

As for if they should have been selling. Moving a Steeger or Bickell if possible would have improved team and gotten a kid in for look

Standing Pat or being a seller would have been right moves

Being buyer has cost Hawks dearly with very little reward or benefit

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
If they don't make Timonen and Vermette move I don't believe they would have struggled to get this far

Team would have been better off keeping assets and not trading for those 2

You can argue Vermette has had an occasional good moment (Few and far between) but there isn't a single argument to be made that Timonen has brought a single positive to this organization on the ice

As for if they should have been selling. Moving a Steeger or Bickell if possible would have improved team and gotten a kid in for look

Standing Pat or being a seller would have been right moves

Being buyer has cost Hawks dearly with very little reward or benefit

Wait, you think Vermette has been a detriment? Holy crap.

member 151739

I might get criticized for this but I thought Bickell had a pretty good game last night :dunno:

He had a few pretty good shifts. He also had a load of awful ones.

And we'd probably be eliminated already without Vermette on the team. I don't know what BWC is talking about.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I think Bickell had Andersen screened on the goal by Hossa. Which caused him to react way to late to Keith's pass over to Hossa.

Definitely contibuted on that goal. Also had quite a few nice hits that got the crowd going. I know he can do no good in many peoples eyes but I thought last night he was effective.

member 151739

Vermette has had a good series.

3 points in 5 games, OT winner, dominating in faceoffs, playing good defense, and is a part of the best Hawks line in the series, apart from that checking line. :dunno:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
3 points in 5 games, OT winner, dominating in faceoffs, playing good defense, and is a part of the best Hawks line in the series, apart from that checking line. :dunno:

With how close every game has been I think we would have lost this series already without the guy. That alone makes the trade decent.

member 151739

With how close every game has been I think we would have lost this series already without the guy. That alone makes the trade decent.

Absolutely. I just don't get how BWC can claim he has merely had good moments that were few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad