Pre-Game Talk: WCF: Anaheim Ducks vs Chicago Blackhawks Part II - GAME SEVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Its a joke. I didnt think that was definitively true before game 6. After game 6 it was clear.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
Not everyone complains a lot...

although I can be accused of complaining about the complainers. :laugh:

I am smelling every rose - absolutely.

I lived through too much disappointment in the 80s and 90s to not enjoy and appreciate the heck out of this run.

I was there with you brother. When the Oilers, Avs, and Red Wings were in our way, with multiple OT losses in each lost series. I was crushed when the President's Trophy winning club was swept by the Penguins in a series that was much much closer than that. I stuck with them through the dark decade leading up to this rebirth. Even when they were a perennial playoff team, they had nothing like this core.

We are living the glory years now. The hate from other team's fans is nothing but envy, and rightfully so. We've got it really good right now.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I made this joke at work the other day, but it's true: Keith, Kane and Toews are our Holy Trinity. That's three of the top what? Fifteen players on the planet at worst?

Until they give me a reason not to believe, I'll worship at their altar.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Both have had their moments, good and bad. Time for CC to outplay Andersen on Ducks ice, when it counts the most.

Both goaltenders played better early in the series. Andersen was amazing the first 3 games, and has drifted down to mediocre since then. Crawford was very, very good the first few games, and has probably been average at best since then. Crawford is playing a little better right now, which is good for us.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Pulled from the main boards:

I don't know if I can watch game 7 without dying.

I have no nails left, so a heart attack is all that is left.

:laugh:

That's pretty funny.

My guess is that many are nervous.

I'm excited although I'll probably have butterflies at puck drop and get anxious as the game goes on.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Not even a little. We got this.

Still not convinced?

On Mike & Mike this morning, Barry Melrose picked the Hawks. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm confident, it's just I can't help but play a bunch of scenarios in my head and it's driving me nuts. :laugh:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Really, really hoping that Q gifting the Ducks a free win for game 3 doesn't come back to bite the Blackhawks in the ass.

Please just win, Blackhawks.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Really, really hoping that Q gifting the Ducks a free win for game 3 doesn't come back to bite the Blackhawks in the ass.

Please just win, Blackhawks.

There's no point in thinking about that. If the Hawks happened to win game 3, who knows how games 4-6 would have played out. We might be in game 7 anyway. It doesn't matter though, because we're winning tomorrow night. :yo:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I am no Brad Pitt...but I do put forth these predictive aphorisms:

. Toews and Kane Show Kesler Pain.

. 2 Geezers and a Cap-Pickle...my God 2 goals from Bickell!

. PAT (Patrick,Antoine,and Teuvo) line with Point After Touchdown (a.k.a. the Insurance Goal)

.Desjardins, Kruger and Shaw expose the Ducks big Flaw.

.Keith and Hammer will not stammer...

.Kyle and Brent do not get Bent...not even a Dent.

.Oduya and Rundblad....it's all fun,Dad!

.FA is reeling...CC is stealing!

. BB is apoplectic. ..Q gonna be Q bu not apologetic .cause the Stacihe going to the big Bash!

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
My favourite Mario Kart game is where you need to finish a beer before you finish the race. By the end of the night usually ends with some guy just sitting three inches from the finish line valiantly trying to chug his 10th beer and failing miserably.

That sounds absolutely hilarious omg

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
My favourite Mario Kart game is where you need to finish a beer before you finish the race. By the end of the night usually ends with some guy just sitting three inches from the finish line valiantly trying to chug his 10th beer and failing miserably.

Pfffft....amateur.

Everybody knows you get better items the further behind you are. You're much better off chugging the beer to start the race, that way you can crush them with blue shells, lightning, golden mushrooms, etc with no beer left to worry about.

/yes I understand the point is to get drunk and have fun, not to win. I'm competitive. :D

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Pfffft....amateur.

Everybody knows you get better items the further behind you are. You're much better off chugging the beer to start the race, that way you can crush them with blue shells, lightning, golden mushrooms, etc with no beer left to worry about.

/yes I understand the point is to get drunk and have fun, not to win. I'm competitive. :D

LOL some of my friends haven't figured that out yet hope they never will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad