DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I have a really good feeling about game 7

Saad , Kane , Toews , Keith , Hossa all coming alive in recent games

TT stepping it up

Feels like perfect time for Sharp to have himself a big breakout game

Feels like Hawks are putting together beginning of a hot streak as all these players are coming alive at same moment

Pleasant turnaround from declaring the series over after the last game.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
are the hawks travelling tonight or staying home for the night with the extra day?

hope they are flying tonight to stay focused....

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
You know what I saw tonight, that swagger. Ducks should be concerned. I really think game 5 even though they lost gave the Hawks a ton of confidence and a roadmap to beat this Ducks team.

Was there ever a doubt? This team is awesome. Never count this team out. Ever. They're on a mission, and you bet your ass they don't want a repeat of last year.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I just want to reiterate that it was a foregone conclusion this game was over when the Hawks went up by 3 :sarcasm:. And the same person that posted that nonsense a game ago went against their own derp tonight, by predicting a Ducks win when the Hawks were up by 3 :laugh:.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I just want to reiterate that it was a foregone conclusion this game was over when the Hawks went up by 3 :sarcasm:. And the same person that posted that nonsense a game ago went against their own derp tonight, by predicting a Ducks win when the Hawks were up by 3 :laugh:.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

One of these teams has allowed 3 goals within 1 period, seven separate times. The other has not. Would you care to guess which is which, and why that very significant stat might impact one's faith in a team's ability to carry a 3-1 lead through 20 minutes, as compared to the other team's ability to prevent more earned goals than they generate?

Think hard.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

One of these teams has allowed 3 goals within 1 period, seven separate times. The other has not. Would you care to guess which is which, and why that very significant stat might impact one's faith in a team's ability to carry a 3-1 lead through 20 minutes, as compared to the other team's ability to prevent more earned goals than they generate?

Think hard.

Nah I'm well aware of all of that. I just think it's hilarious the lengths you go to to doubt this team. You may think you're being realistic, and in some cases you are, but you have thoroughly embarrassed yourself the last couple of games. And that was the point myself and a few other posters are trying to make.

Think hard, instead of letting TCI do all of the thinking for you.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Nah I'm well aware of all of that. I just think it's hilarious the lengths you go to to doubt this team. You may think you're being realistic, and in some cases you are, but you have thoroughly embarrassed yourself the last couple of games. And that was the point myself and a few other posters are trying to make.

Think hard, instead of letting TCI do all of the thinking for you.

*shrugs*

If you say so.

I opted not to watch the entirety of a game that ended with the result I expected.

I watched the entirety of a game that had a more unpredictable results, albeit with perhaps more pessimism than warranted based on the immediate history of this team's performance.

Somehow I will live with that 'shame' :sarcasm:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
So you arent TitanTransistor and his previous incarnations? Laugh. Come on dude.

Can't say I am.

I've never felt the community was worth the hassle of signing up for Disqus. TCI, to their credit, has tried to clean it up a bit in the past year or so, but it's still not great. Lots of groupthink.

Only other place I've talked hockey is on twitter.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Can't say I am.

I've never felt the community was worth the hassle of signing up for Disqus. TCI, to their credit, has tried to clean it up a bit in the past year or so, but it's still not great. Lots of groupthink.

Only other place I've talked hockey is on twitter.

If you say so. As a longtime reader of both sites (agreed on tci's quality), it was hard not to notice the very similar posting style, opinions, and desire to be a lightning rod in many threads. Not that its a huge deal anyway, just an observation.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
If you say so. As a longtime reader of both sites (agreed on tci's quality), it was hard not to notice the very similar posting style, opinions, and desire to be a lightning rod in many threads. Not that its a huge deal anyway, just an observation.

Well, based on twitter, my opinions on the Blackhawks are hardly unique among Blackhawks fans.

Their inconsistent play throughout the season has engendered a lot of anxiety when things get hot, and some (like me) don't really think previous seasons have a great deal of bearing on new seasons, new rosters, new opponents, etc.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
In any case, I've already admitted I was wrong, and am happy to be so.

Hopefully game 7 goes well, too.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013

Think hard.

So basically you were predicting the Ducks to come back from 3 goal deficit to win because Hawks' tendency to give up 3 goals within 1 period.....right after the Ducks gave up 3 goals in 1 period! lol that's gold.

31-0. Hawks are 31-0 this season when leading after two periods, let alone two goal leads. And you were convinced they were gonna lose when they had 3-1 lead.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
So basically you were predicting the Ducks to come back from 3 goal deficit to win because Hawks' tendency to give up 3 goals within 1 period.....right after the Ducks gave up 3 goals in 1 period! lol that's gold.

31-0. Hawks are 31-0 this season when leading after two periods, let alone two goal leads. And you were convinced they were gonna lose when they had 3-1 lead.

I thought there was a pretty good chance they would get torched for several goals in a short span again, yes.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I thought there was a pretty good chance they would get torched for several goals in a short span again, yes.

You felt one trend (31-0) was more powerful than another trend (7 3 goal periods in the playoffs). I felt they were closer to even, if not somewhat in favor of the latter due to recency.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
You felt one trend (31-0) was more powerful than another trend (7 3 goal periods in the playoffs). I felt they were closer to even, if not somewhat in favor of the latter due to recency.

You have to admit that whether the hawks win or lose game 7 though, their performance in the playoffs has far exceeded the fallow inconsistent regular season period post jan 1 that you kept harping on as the basis for low playoff expectations.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
You have to admit that whether the hawks win or lose game 7 though, their performance in the playoffs has far exceeded the fallow inconsistent regular season period post jan 1 that you kept harping on as the basis for low playoff expectations.

Oh, for sure, I'm talking more about the 7 separate instances of giving up 3 goals in a single period that have happened in the playoffs alone.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Strange how people didn't think it was a legit possibility the Hawks would blow that 3 goal lead. I bet many sphincters were clenching after Stoner's goal to make it 3-2. That 3rd period was played pretty much 90% of the time in our zone. We were a Keith stick away from being tied at 3.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Strange how people didn't think it was a legit possibility the Hawks would blow that 3 goal lead. I bet many sphincters were clenching after Stoner's goal to make it 3-2. That 3rd period was played pretty much 90% of the time in our zone. We were a Keith stick away from being tied at 3.

but we won't discuss that the 2nd Ducks goal should not have counted. Go to your room Debbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad