Pre-Game Talk: WCF: Anaheim Ducks vs Chicago Blackhawks Part II - GAME SEVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I might get criticized for this but I thought Bickell had a pretty good game last night :dunno:

Played exactly how he needs to play to be effective. Was physical and got rid of the puck quickly. When he gets in trouble is when he's hanging onto the puck.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Bickell was solid last night. His offensive abilities (what little were there to begin with) seem to have evaporated. But he still brings physicality that nobody else on the team does. Desjardins and Shaw may try, but they don't have the size to really make it effective.

Vermette has been great this series. I don't think he's even been bad at any point since he joined the team. He's gone through some serious scoring slumps and has lacked chemistry, but with his faceoffs and being defensively sound I don't think he's ever been a detriment, even if inept offensively. Debate what they traded away for him all you want, but he was the only forward worth acquiring. I won't (and can't) defend the Timonen trade, but I still make that Vermette trade again if given the option.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Bickell was solid last night. His offensive abilities (what little were there to begin with) seem to have evaporated. But he still brings physicality that nobody else on the team does. Desjardins and Shaw may try, but they don't have the size to really make it effective.

Vermette has been great this series. I don't think he's even been bad at any point since he joined the team. He's gone through some serious scoring slumps and has lacked chemistry, but with his faceoffs and being defensively sound I don't think he's ever been a detriment, even if inept offensively. Debate what they traded away for him all you want, but he was the only forward worth acquiring. I won't (and can't) defend the Timonen trade, but I still make that Vermette trade again if given the option.

And acquiring him allows Shaw to play wing, a huge bonus.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Absolutely. I just don't get how BWC can claim he has merely had good moments that were few and far between.

Because he's still mad that the Hawks traded a 1st to get Vermette, so he's not capable of looking at things objectively.

Vermette has been a great addition for the postseason.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Let's be real, Mario Kart Performance is directly proportional to Playoff Performance. Case in point, Fraser once said that Brouwer was the worst player in the game.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
If they don't make Timonen and Vermette move I don't believe they would have struggled to get this far

Team would have been better off keeping assets and not trading for those 2

You can argue Vermette has had an occasional good moment (Few and far between) but there isn't a single argument to be made that Timonen has brought a single positive to this organization on the ice

As for if they should have been selling. Moving a Steeger or Bickell if possible would have improved team and gotten a kid in for look

Standing Pat or being a seller would have been right moves

Being buyer has cost Hawks dearly with very little reward or benefit

The reward may still be to come, but still a little to early to tell.

If they win the cup this year (a big if yet), Vermette and Desjardins both have to be considered significant contributors and what better reward is there than another cup?

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Keith with 16 points and +11 in 16 games, and averaging over 30 minutes per game with all the OTs. Doesn't even look tired.

He's a monster

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
Definitely contibuted on that goal. Also had quite a few nice hits that got the crowd going. I know he can do no good in many peoples eyes but I thought last night he was effective.

That first shift of his where he blew up Vatanen on two separate occasions and one other guy (can't recall who) in between, really set an F-You tone coming from the Hawks. He did play OK at other times during the game, which in itself is better.

He hasn't had a good playoffs but just like Timonen, there really isn't another viable option for his role.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
Because he's still mad that the Hawks traded a 1st to get Vermette, so he's not capable of looking at things objectively.

Vermette has been a great addition for the postseason.

Which if all goes right hopefully will be the 30th pick, which is basically a 2nd.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Which if all goes right hopefully will be the 30th pick, which is basically a 2nd.

It's already basically a second.

There's little drop off from the back end of the 1st round to the front end of the 2nd.

And Hawks are likely to get at least a 2nd for Sharp.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
Just sitting here daydreaming about last night's game, and one thought keeps popping up in my head.

"4th line awesomeness!"

That is all.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Reading this board I sometimes feel like the only person in the world who has never cared in the slightest about video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad