Pre-Game Talk: WCF: Anaheim Ducks vs Chicago Blackhawks Part II - GAME SEVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

Reading this board I sometimes feel like the only person in the world who has never cared in the slightest about video games.

I don't even own a console. I prefer outside stuff. Especially since in MN it is so ****ing cold for so ****ing long. I like to get out and enjoy the weather when it is nice.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I don't even own a console. I prefer outside stuff. Especially since in MN it is so ****ing cold for so ****ing long. I like to get out and enjoy the weather when it is nice.

Uh... I think most of us use video games as a means of entertainment when it ISNT nice out.

So, like, say you had some extra time during all those months when it is 'so ****ing cold, for so ****ing long', then videogames might be a nice way to kill some of that leisure time indoors. With friends beside you on the couch, or on the otherside of the a headset (online play).

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
I thought this thread was supposed to be about the WCF series. Way to completely change the subject about video games. The joys of not having any hockey for a few days. :laugh:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Problem with this...

Right now, this doesn't matter. That's a Problem of the future... 3 weeks from now.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
It is actually about what he brings to the team. SUre he's a "hit machine" but I think this playoffs proves pretty definitively that hits are mostly meaningless. He's a playoff leader in hits and yet he is roundly criticized around here.

Again, more proof, hits are a dumb stat to care about.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Because he's still mad that the Hawks traded a 1st to get Vermette, so he's not capable of looking at things objectively.

Vermette has been a great addition for the postseason.

Not quite great but not too bad either. His contribution is substantially better than in the RS and has steadily increased throughout the post season. He'll never dazzle, and some folks around here want that from most every player it seems.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It is actually about what he brings to the team. SUre he's a "hit machine" but I think this playoffs proves pretty definitively that hits are mostly meaningless. He's a playoff leader in hits and yet he is roundly criticized around here.

Again, more proof, hits are a dumb stat to care about.

In your superficial opinion. It's not as much about hits as it is finishing checks and keeping the ops honest, playing with their head up and rushing their play. If you honestly think that BB's 100+ hits make no difference in the po's ... well ... what can I say other than: How many no-hitters do we see in the playoffs? Answer .... ZERO. Must mean something.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
You guys ever play smashcart?

You play mario kart in a group of people. Whoever loses has to take a shot of vodka.

****s you up, fast.

I don't remember most of that night.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
IF anyone has access to an astrology expert,can you get that person to consult the charts for the Hawks and the Ducks for this game? And also for the Rangers and Lightning to predict who comes out victorious in the respective Western and Eastern Conference in their game 7s...? Then should the charts suggest Hawks win theirs,how about a projection 8n the next series agInst whichever team the charts say wins the Eastern Conference Championship? I believe the procedure is to look up the irth date and hour each club came into existence ....then the astrologer looks up the astrology charts for that birth inception point in relation to a selected day in the future..Just curious as to what the planetary alignments and constellations of the zodiac predict on this...If nobody can come up with this on such short notice the plan B is to instead consult a monkey who picks the winner of Each onference Final and then of the Cup series. I wonder if both alternative methodologies come up with the same or different results? Be fascinating to find out...a real test for the validity or fraud of astrology and for the theory that even a monkey knows more than the hockey experts in the media in getting predictions correct.

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
IF anyone has access to an astrology expert,can you get that person to consult the charts for the Hawks and the Ducks for this game? And also for the Rangers and Lightning to predict who comes out victorious in the respective Western and Eastern Conference in their game 7s...? Then should the charts suggest Hawks win theirs,how about a projection 8n the next series agInst whichever team the charts say wins the Eastern Conference Championship? I believe the procedure is to look up the irth date and hour each club came into existence ....then the astrologer looks up the astrology charts for that birth inception point in relation to a selected day in the future..Just curious as to what the planetary alignments and constellations of the zodiac predict on this...If nobody can come up with this on such short notice the plan B is to instead consult a monkey who picks the winner of Each onference Final and then of the Cup series. I wonder if both alternative methodologies come up with the same or different results? Be fascinating to find out...a real test for the validity or fraud of astrology and for the theory that even a monkey knows more than the hockey experts in the media in getting predictions correct.
Whoa...

Nothingman*

I know we all complain a lot. But I hope everyone is still enjoying the ride we are on during the Glory Years we are in the middle of.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I got a monkey and it said Hawks/Lightning

You play mario kart in a group of people. Whoever loses has to take a shot of vodka.

****s you up, fast.

My favourite Mario Kart game is where you need to finish a beer before you finish the race. By the end of the night usually ends with some guy just sitting three inches from the finish line valiantly trying to chug his 10th beer and failing miserably.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

****s you up, fast.

Real way to play it is with beer. Everyone has a beer, can only drink when your cart isnt in motion. Must finish beer before you cross the finish line. Awesomeness.

I'll take two of whatever he's on.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
I know we all complain a lot. But I hope everyone is still enjoying the ride we are on during the Glory Years we are in the middle of.

Not everyone complains a lot...

although I can be accused of complaining about the complainers. :laugh:

I am smelling every rose - absolutely.

I lived through too much disappointment in the 80s and 90s to not enjoy and appreciate the heck out of this run.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
fiddy what birthday are you using for the Hawks. Wikipedia has may 1 but the hawks history site has sept. 26? We need to know if the Hawks are a Taurus or Libra here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad