Rumor: Watters: Phoenix rejected Toronto boatload for Yandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
Lol Waters. I like the guy but his trade rumours are ALWAYS wrong. Probably fishing for followers.

Also, maybe it's just me but I find most of his tweets to be gibberish. Like he's dictating to a 4 year old kid who is tweeting for him.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Trade a no Brainer

If it was talked about before the start of this season, Yandle is considered a Stud D that can do it all. I'm sure Phoenix turned it down if presented over the last two years. It's only the last two month's that it would be considered a bad deal for the Leafs.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Certainly could have been the case even this summer.
I highly doubt that Burke had really high expectations for Kadri and Frattin. I think he considered them both NHL worthy but not to the caliber of Yandle. Not a shocker.
There's no way that this trade could happen now; nonis would be lynched.
Also: remember how Gillis was at a couple Marlies games and and how luongo tweeted about Kadri after his hattrick. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kadri was offered to the Canucks in 2012 as well. Gillis was at a Marlies game in Ontario shortly before Burke was fired.

Last edited:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
If it was talked about before the start of this season, Yandle is considered a Stud D that can do it all. I'm sure Phoenix turned it down if presented over the last two years. It's only the last two month's that it would be considered a bad deal for the Leafs.

And to add with Yandle along with Gardiner and Rielly it would allow Leafs to replace the players traded and then some. What could you get for Rielly and Gardiner, or Phaneuf on the open market. :help:

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
With the way Kadri is playing, I don't think anyone would trade him straight up for Yandle let alone adding all the other stuff.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Kadri alone is overpayment.

Frattin + 1st is also overpayment.

Combined, that is just an LOL at how ridiculous this rumor is. Obvious lie is obvious.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
It's really funny to think that someone might be pretending to be Bill Watters, I wish I thought of that...

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Why in the name of all that is holy would Toronto offer Kadri as part of a package for Yandle?

Unless this is last year? If this is a deadline rumour its bogus IMO.

We've been waiting too long for a top center and while Kadri could easily cool off, you don't trade a guy playing like he is right now.

Should have gone after Morris or Klesla though IMO...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think Watters needs to get a grip on who offered and who rejected this.

If you switch Phoneix offered Yandle and Nonis rejected it makes a lot more sense.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Kadri was once thought of as an organizational outsider. A bubble prospect at best, and Wilson clearly didn't like him.

Frattin could play, was an up and comer and had some mojo but not scoring.

The 1st would have ended up being Morgan Rielly or someone selected right after him.

In many respects, Phoenix could have made itself a lot better. But, maybe not initially, hence the nixing on the deal.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I could see this deal proposal being floated.

If there's one thing about the Leafs we've been able to learn, especially within the last two years, it's that they never seem satisfied or feel they have the right mix of skill and depth on D. And they will certainly be doing more tweaking, in the next 2-3 years. Once Finn, Percy, Riellly, Blacker, MacWilliam, Nilsson start coming online.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Lol. Is Watters huffing paint thinner?

There is no way Nonis offered anything close to that.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Fwiw, the Leafs have also seemed to have been interested in Phoenix players for a while. They have also expressed previous interest in Winnik, and Doan(IIRC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad