mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
"Pay attention to me!" - Bill Watters

3oqilu.jpg

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
anyway to tell that is actually bill watters? i dont see that its verified..also im not a fan of him but even this seems to be far fetched for him to post unless it was from 1 year ago then its somewhat believable

Bob McKenzie, Dreger, Kypreos, and a bunch of other reporters are following him.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Watters is just an angry old man who is upset with how well the Leafs are doing. God only knows how many times he has been fired by the Leafs newspapers, management and radios.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
anyway to tell that is actually bill watters? i dont see that its verified..also im not a fan of him but even this seems to be far fetched for him to post unless it was from 1 year ago then its somewhat believable

The account has over 10,000 followers, is followed by several broadcasters, and promotes an upcoming appearance on an XM Sirius radio show. Seems pretty real.

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed
Good ol' Wilbur, I'd say it's senility but he's been suffering from this for a L-O-N-G time.
He has a tendency to remember things a little differently than anyone else.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Who is it that Watters knows that would be privy to this information. He has not been an insider or even relevant for years. I find it hard to believe that he would be the only one outside of the direct channel of communication to know this and let it be known.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
My first thought was that this must be a fake Bill Watters twitter account. On reflection, it might be legit. If this was a trade proposal a year ago, it might be credible. At that time both Kadri and Frattin were not the prospects they are today. And both names were bounced around a bit with the Luongo rumors. If true and I don't discount it, the Leafs are fortunate that they took the time to see more of their prospects before shipping them out...in line with what Nonis said when he took over the GM position. Right now of course, Kadri is about as untouchable a Leaf as there is on the roster.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
The account has over 10,000 followers, is followed by several broadcasters, and promotes an upcoming appearance on an XM Sirius radio show. Seems pretty real.

Tosh.0 recently did a segment where he discussed the fake Tosh.0 twitter accounts and some had over 100K followers.

I would not place value on who is following what, or the number of followers.

It is a logical fallacy to assume that popular opinion is correct on the basis that there are a lot of people who agree.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Ya, OOOOOOOOKKKkkk there.

If these "insiders" just pull **** out of there ass, I could be a good one.

I wouldn't even trade Kadri straight up for that 1-dimensional defenseman.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
lol, that actually happened. Confirmed by the Tampa GM at the time, Brian Lawton.

Also remember Giroux wasn't highly thought of in Philly, and Ranger was once an up and coming defenseman. I can see that offer being floated.

Clarke wanted to draft Trevor Lewis, who LA ended up drafting that year. They saw Giroux as runner-up selection.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Tosh.0 recently did a segment where he discussed the fake Tosh.0 twitter accounts and some had over 100K followers.

I would not place value on who is following what, or the number of followers.

It is a logical fallacy to assume that popular opinion is correct on the basis that there are a lot of people who agree.

Those are incongruous. Tosh.0 is a popular public figure, and those are inviting of parody.

This is Bill Watters. I think we're pretty safe in assuming.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Those are incongruous. Tosh.0 is a popular public figure, and those are inviting of parody.

This is Bill Watters. I think we're pretty safe in assuming.

It matters in the sense that just because the guy says something and Mackenzie/Dregger et al. are following the guy doesn't make it true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad