Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Last edited by a moderator:

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
<a href="https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/status/319896918140538880">April 4, 2013</a></blockquote>

According to sources who are not related, but impecca nonetheless,TML offered PHX,Kadri,Frattin & a 1st for Keith Yandle.more to come 4sur

I dont think anyone could take this seriously. Close thread.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
<a href="https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/status/319896918140538880">April 4, 2013</a></blockquote>

According to sources who are not related, but impecca nonetheless,TML offered PHX,Kadri,Frattin & a 1st for Keith Yandle.more to come 4sur

That's almost certainly not true.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Lmao... do not believe.

This totally goes against Nonis' beliefs in trading prospects, picks etc.

Odinson

Jan 29, 2011
I wish Watter's didn't have to make this stuff up, because I honestly enjoyed listening to him on the radio (probably in the minority on that one)

But the rumours he reports have zero credibility and are often outlandish like this one.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
I don't disagree. Anything's possible, but I think that would have been a drastic overpayment for Yandle.

Yandle is a very good player, but not a solution to Toronto's problems, and removing Kadri, Frattin and a 1st is moving the club in the wrong direction.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
lmfao. At least make it somewhat realistic if you're going to tweet something like this.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
This is ********, he also said Philly offered Giroux for Paul Ranger.

Brian Lawton, who was TB GM at the time of that offer, talked about that one on Sportsnet yesterday. It was a few years ago. In fact, I wonder if the offer for Yandle was from the past as well..

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
This is ********, he also said Philly offered Giroux for Paul Ranger.

That was actually said on the Sportsnet TC show by the former GM of the Lightning. He said the proposal was offered to him in '09, and it still keeps him up at night.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Brian Lawton, who was TB GM at the time of that offer, talked about that one on Sportsnet yesterday. It was a few years ago. In fact, I wonder if the offer for Yandle was from the past as well..

Probably before the Lupul trade.

Back when Kadri was an unknown, and Toronto's blueliners couldn't skate or score.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
How about the Tampa - Montreal deal that was shared on the trade deadline show as well.

Vinny for Price & Subban and a 1st I think was the deal that was mentioned.

Could you imagine if Montreal made that deal...

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
anyway to tell that is actually bill watters? i dont see that its verified..also im not a fan of him but even this seems to be far fetched for him to post unless it was from 1 year ago then its somewhat believable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad