Rumor: Watters: Phoenix rejected Toronto boatload for Yandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudMaster17

Gap Inspector
Feb 12, 2008
Toronto
Good old Wilbur, him and Fletcher go way wayyyyy back, but by the sounds of this one Cliff went too far in through the back and poor Wilbur has probably suffered a concussion 8======>

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Nobody is untouchable, but the number of players Kadri would be available for trade for probably doesn't number more than 10 league-wide.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If I had to put a guess on when this offer happened, I would say two years ago when the Leafs had two late first rounders after the Kaberle and Versteeg deals and Frattin was just finishing up at UND.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
What an absolute load of crap.

On the other hand, I'm impressed that a senile old fool like Watters was capable of setting up a twitter account.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That's an offer you make for Erik Karlsson, not Keith Yandle. Even then I don't even think I'd do it.

I wouldn't trade Kadri, Frattin and a 1st round pick for a single player in the NHL.

It would have to be multiple assets coming back.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
...and Eric Staal was supposed to be a Leaf last summer, right Watters?

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
What a load. Wilbur has lost it or is desperately trying to make it back into the media scrum.

snizzbone*

Kadri alone is overpayment.

Frattin + 1st is also overpayment.

Combined, that is just an LOL at how ridiculous this rumor is. Obvious lie is obvious.

Frattin and a late 1st for a top pairing mobile D is overpayment? Not a chance. I'd do that in a heart beat.

Anyways, this offer wasn't made recently. It was before Kadri broke out.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Watters has less credibility on rumors than Eklund. That's severe of me, but that's how bad his sources are.

MrLegend28*

this deal clearly isnt last yr. We were a bottom feeding team near deadline no? no way were offering a 1st along with them 2 then for yandle. its eithe BS or this yr

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
this deal clearly isnt last yr. We were a bottom feeding team near deadline no? no way were offering a 1st along with them 2 then for yandle. its eithe BS or this yr

Could've been at the draft. Yandle was supposedly in play at the draft. I'd find that hard to believe too with how confident Burke was in Rielly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad