OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
A week out from New Slipknot album..can't wait...then Tool end of the month and Opeth in October/ November I believe
It's been 13 years since 10,000 Days. I can't believe we're finally getting a new album.

Next on the list is Portishead. 11 years and counting...

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Shit, Opeth is in October/November? f*** me I hope it's back to being some hard shit. Like... I hope it's at least like Opeth. But if it's like Blackwater Park or Ghost Reveries, I'll be f***ing elated.

But seriously f***ing hyped for the new Tool album. Maynard, blow my f***ing mind!

Reactions: trostol

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Napalm Death has a new album coming out in early 2020. Hard to believe grind core has been around for 40 years. Rolling Stones will be 60 years old in 2021. Keith will be 160 by then , based on morbity......

Reactions: Lotusflower

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Even ****ing better. Seriously, I really hope they go back to their heavy ****. I love it so much. Bleak might be my favorite metal song ever.

to be fair..it took me a bit to get into them..i was initially put off by the death growl singing..but told myself i really need to get past it to give it a real listen..dudes are amazing..this still probably my fave

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Damn good song. If you don't know, the growling he did f***ed up his vocal chords for a long while. He was someone who never trained to do them without hurting himself. I'm sure this is why the last couple albums were what they were. But apparently he's been a lot better lately and hopefully he can turn it back up.

Another great one from that album:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
****, Opeth is in October/November? **** me I hope it's back to being some hard ****. Like... I hope it's at least like Opeth. But if it's like Blackwater Park or Ghost Reveries, I'll be ****ing elated.

But seriously ****ing hyped for the new Tool album. Maynard, blow my ****ing mind!

Those are my two favorite Opeth albums as well. Seems like that sound has been left behind in favor of acid/prog rock, though.
At least they still play all the old faves at shows.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Keith Richards is immortal due to drugs :laugh:.
Keith is immortal because of his song writing. The opening guitar riff on Gimme Shelter after 50 years still haughtily lingers in my mind. Mick Taylor on any live tape is still magical when he soars and trips the light fantastic.

Speaking of the music in Once Upon A Time , the end should have had, as Rick is going through the gate to Sharon’s house, Sympathy For the Devil playing:

Please let me introduce myself,
I’m a man of wealth and taste......

That would have real cool.......

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

This last group has been so busy over the past few years. Was impressed with Masterpiece and this album will definitely need a listen when I get to it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Saw Queen with Adam Lambert last night and they blew my f***ing mind. Outstanding show!!

Also this happened

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
have been listening to this every day for some reason..not that i don't like it..but its not..well.. new...

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

Had a week of Bad Religion... and even though it is maybe their most known song is probably my favourite still.

They're playing a sold out show here tomorrow night. I would love to see them but going alone on a work night isn't the most motivating situation. Sadly I don't have anyone to go see anything with anymore unless I go out to the Philly area, which is over 5 hours away.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
They're playing a sold out show here tomorrow night. I would love to see them but going alone on a work night isn't the most motivating situation. Sadly I don't have anyone to go see anything with anymore unless I go out to the Philly area, which is over 5 hours away.

I am going to try and catch them when they next come to Europe...

And I know the feeling. Of the people who are good friends who are punk fans etc: My brother and ~4-5 friends from school live in a different country... and while the girl I have been seeing on and off for a while is a big fan too she is not often in the same place as I am at the same time, as both travel a decent amount... and technically she lives in a different country now too!

Reactions: macleish1974
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad