OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Man oh man. The new Black Keys album kicks all of the ass. Very please by this after disliking their 2015 album "Turn Blue."

Hell yeah, I've been jonesing for something new lately and didn't realize this was out already. Vampire Weekend and PUP have a new friend on the summer jams list.

Reactions: Rebels57

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I finally found a kid yesterday who never heard of the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin......either I am way too old or the kids don't understand the basis of Rock n Roll.......I gave up a long time ago on asking kids about Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly or Muddy Waters.

Reactions: Rebels57

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I finally found a kid yesterday who never heard of the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin......either I am way too old or the kids don't understand the basis of Rock n Roll.......I gave up a long time ago on asking kids about Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly or Muddy Waters.
That would’ve been me maybe 5 years ago.

Reactions: macleish1974

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014

This is emerging as one of my favorite songs of the year. On first listen, i was thinking "yeah, that's nice". Now, i love everything about it. Her vocals sound flawless here.

Reactions: Provocop

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

This was the album my brother always listened to when he was pissed at life and wanted to sulk. I didn't appreciate it that much when it first came out but thanks to Spotify it definitely won over an older me.

Another album that I actually bought way before I could truly appreciate it (i.e. my black trenchcoat days) was Crowded House's "Together Alone". Now instead of only liking 35% of the songs I love most of them. I always had a soft spot for this song though, inspired my the feverish rambling's of Neil Finn's son:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Introduced to this song when I was in Slovakia for the World's by the Italian girl who accompanied me there... have listened to it way too much since!

The French music industry in general produces so, so much talent, but not so much of it gets outside of France due to most bands singing French and I guess English speakers not generally listening to non-English sang music.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->