OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
still love this video

also why do i feel like this song is not as old as it is...seems like it was just released a couple of years ago

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I have been amazed at the transition of music played in stores, specifically supermarkets. I would have bet my house that I would never hear Iggy Pop or the Ramones in the supermarket. That happened last year. About a month ago, I heard Metallica. Certainly a major ipgrade from The Girl From Iponima, and I am not complaining, but still a shock.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have been amazed at the transition of music played in stores, specifically supermarkets. I would have bet my house that I would never hear Iggy Pop or the Ramones in the supermarket. That happened last year. About a month ago, I heard Metallica. Certainly a major ipgrade from The Girl From Iponima, and I am not complaining, but still a shock.

But Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows still plays in every god damn store, ruining my day whenever I hear it.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
As for my tastes, they are pretty wide ranging. Always been an Elton John fan, throw in some Bob Marley in the summer, Muse, Motown, and an obscure one, Angelique Kidjo. She is from Benin, and sings in English, French, and six African dialects. Great voice.

I listen to the Univ of Pennsylvania's radio station alot, which is where I first heard Kidjo. They play a variety of less heard, but good stuff from all kinds of genres.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad