OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Gotta wait til Tuesday when my new pc comes to listen to the new Tool...its gonna be a long 4 days

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sadly, poet / Silver Jews' frontman David Berman took his own life earlier this month. Highly recommend listening through his discography if you haven't before.

I think you and I have basically the same taste in music, as we have seen before. I have been listening to them a little here and there since you posted this (I had never heard of them before) and I love it. I found out yesterday that Stephen Malkmus was a founding member, though I don't know how much he ever recorded with them. This one I liked especially (and you can absolutely hear the Pavement in it).

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I think you and I have basically the same taste in music, as we have seen before. I have been listening to them a little here and there since you posted this (I had never heard of them before) and I love it. I found out yesterday that Stephen Malkmus was a founding member, though I don't know how much he ever recorded with them. This one I liked especially (and you can absolutely hear the Pavement in it).

Yeah, this is a choice cut. I think Malkmus & Bob Nastanovich only figured on the debut Starlite Walker album, despite both being founding members of the band. It bothered Berman that people thought the band was a Pavement side project. Glad you're into it, and yes, our musical tastes overlap quite a bit.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

Good stuff. I'm hearing some Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt and Wilco influences, with very original lyrics.

"In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection."

"I asked a painter why the roads are colored black. He said, 'Steve, it's because people leave and no highway will bring them back.'"

:thumbu:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Went to see William Black, Dabin, and Illenium in Richmond, VA yesterday. Surprise guest sets by Said the Sky and Adventure Club. Illenium was just too f***ing good. Great show and crowd, couldn't believe I got to see EDM royalty in Adventure Club.

Illenium is the GOAT

Reactions: landsbergfan

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
infected mushroom is god tier if you like electronica
During my friend's unemployed pothead phase I'd get out of work and find him and another friend high off their asses listening to Infected Mushroom and just watching Winamp visualizations. Sometimes they wouldn't even notice I was there for 15 minutes or so. Juno Reactor, Astral Projection, Shpongle, and my friend's favorite band Underworld were on constant loop back then.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I used to list to so much Juno Reactor back in the day. I still do every so often now and same with Astral Projection and Infected Mushroom. Another good one was Fluke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad