Post-Game Talk: Washington vs tb

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Holtby needs a shut out. Can’t remember the last time he had one in the postseason

He won’t get any blame but he’s a reason why they will likely lose this series.

Either way, the team itself admitted they are nervous playing at home so i figure they’ll go out like they did against NYR in 2013
I'm sure its game 6 in Philly 2 years ago. And fully agree with this. If Caps lose, it's on Holtby. Not saying the defense been great in front of him but he's been mediocre, just not enough and not what the team needs. And that's not the first time in his career when this is a thing.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Is the pressure on us or Tampa more?

We are the best team in the world when we play with no pressure

Pressure is definitely on the Caps. How much they feel it depends on mental toughness. If they go into this game playing tentatively like the 1st period of Game4 playing not to lose instead of wanting to crush the Dolts, winning convincingly, and take the momentum away in the series, then it's going to get ugly.

I want to see hitting and the Caps buzzing around the puck like hungry sharks in a feeding frenzy. Holtbeast not Holt3 would be nice too.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Bottom line is if you lose all 3 games at home then you don't really deserve to get to the Finals. Having said that, if they win tonight I fully expect an OT game 7 because the Caps always do that to their fans.:laugh:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I really want to go to Game 7 in Tampa. Please Caps, do it for me.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Pressure is definitely on the Caps. How much they feel it depends on mental toughness. If they go into this game playing tentatively like the 1st period of Game4 playing not to lose instead of wanting to crush the Dolts, winning convincingly, and take the momentum away in the series, then it's going to get ugly.

I want to see hitting and the Caps buzzing around the puck like hungry sharks in a feeding frenzy. Holtbeast not Holt3 would be nice too.

Then we are most definitely screwed. If we get scored on first, you can just call it there.

However, a lot people have already checked this series out and say Tampa is going to advance so it could work in our favor?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Then we are most definitely screwed. If we get scored on first, you can just call it there.

However, a lot people have already checked this series out and say Tampa is going to advance so it could work in our favor?

This is it right here. Caps don't score first the game is over. I will watch the game and if the Bolts score first, I'm out.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
On a side note, ticket prices are so low for this game is comical (but telling none the less)

You can get lower section tickets for $150 or so plus fees

Does that not scream what the current mood is in DC or what

Reactions: OviTaughtMe

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Another boggles the mind (unless you're a Caps fan) factoid is that if the Caps lose tonight, it will be the 3rd consecutive playoff series with Tampa Bay in which the Bolts won 4 straight games against the Caps.

Our only hope is that, from the standpoint of probability, that seems, well . . . er . . . uh . . . improbable.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Another boggles the mind (unless you're a Caps fan) factoid is that if the Caps lose tonight, it will be the 3rd consecutive playoff series with Tampa Bay in which the Bolts won 4 straight games against the Caps.

Our only hope is that, from the standpoint of probability, that seems, well . . . er . . . uh . . . improbable.

Great, so now its just not the pens but the bolts that we struggle with....

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
****ers, score more goals than your opponent! Ovie again is disappearing. Do they have pride?

I'm pretty sure this is sarcastic but if you are serious, how the hell are you serious?

The only two Capitals who can keep their heads up after this season is over are Kuznetsov and Ovechkin who have dragged this team along through three rounds.

p.s. small nod to Oshie for leaving every ounce of himself out there.

Reactions: OviTaughtMe

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
On a side note, ticket prices are so low for this game is comical (but telling none the less)

You can get lower section tickets for $150 or so plus fees

Does that not scream what the current mood is in DC or what

I just got this email from a friend of a friend. Tells you all you need to know about the fragile fanbase:

Original Post: TONIGHT Caps vs Lightning game 6
Conference Final Game 6: Caps vs Lightning’s last home game in the season 430 Row A $220 for the pair. Please text at 202-xxx-xxxx if interested.

ps No way those tix sell at that price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad