Post-Game Talk: Washington vs tb

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
It was a fun season with a lot of positives. In a vacuum this was a very good year, it just feels bad because of coming off the last 2 disappointments I think I'm still hoping for some redemption. Maybe if we get good Holtby back? Maybe if we get back to balanced scoring? Maybe if we start hitting again? Maybe, but I'm expecting a quiet whimper coming out of the arena tonight.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I hope we don't come out looking like it's preseason game 100.

The game is largely on Holtby's shoulders. As all games are. In the end, the goalies decide the games. Regardless of the level of support they receive by the skaters coach or system, they still have to make saves. No team goes shot less. And if they do go a while without shots, the opposition goalie turns cold anyways and their save % plummets.

And I got trucked - a friend got VIP tickets and now I have to watch their kid. Not my decision. You know what my payment is - a f***ing lasagna. FML.

Sep 19, 2008
You all should be proud this team went as far as they did. The criticism and whining is ridiculous. This team played Tampa hard but Tampa is good.

I'm at peace with whatever happens. I'll be there tonight as I have been at every playoff game.

Reactions: JMUcapsfan07

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Here's to hoping they pull one out but if they lose it won't be the end of the world. It's been a fun season, one I'd consider a success. But they better go down with a fight

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ugh. Had to deal with some work stuff this morning... sorry I was too late to the party.

In the name of the father, the son, and the holy Lloyd, we got this.

ShiningLloyd.jpg

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Changing all my day game superstitions

-did my pick (on the mains) early in the day
-I will run today instead of cycling
-I will watch the game live (so don't make me stay up until 4:30-5 AM for a L)

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
You all should be proud this team went as far as they did. The criticism and whining is ridiculous. This team played Tampa hard but Tampa is good.

I'm at peace with whatever happens. I'll be there tonight as I have been at every playoff game.

I agree. I think what is making people so critical is the way the Caps lost, if they indeed lose the series. Getting up 2-0 and then folding. Even though it's against a really good team we weren't supposed to beat it just feels so familiar to past failings. People are also just sick of the running joke that is the Caps not finishing. That stat that showed the Caps record after going up 2-0 in a series is astounding.

But anyways, it still was a really good season if it ends tonight and I hope the crowd really lets them know it either way. Please no booing...

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA

I hope it is a great time. I'll be watching from my couch where they have a much higher winning % than the absurd 1-5 when I've attended this year.

I can live with them losing after going all out and playing hard for 60 minutes. It will be harder to accept if it is another situation like Game 7 against the Pens last year. Regardless, I'm sure I will appreciate this run more with time but I don't want them going down without a fight.

f*** it, win the damn game.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
If this series had not started the way it did I'd probably feel a little better at the prospect of this being our last game. I was content with an ECF loss given the Cinderella nature of the season, now it just feels like a wasted opportunity if we lose. How very Caps, able to somehow play themselves into the disappointing "choker" narrative in a series they had no business ever being favored.

A win would be nice. A loss would be a bummer, but I'm excited about our future, the young talent we have in our system might not be abundant but what I've seen I like a lot. I feel more confident we can return to this level looking forward than I ever did in previous iterations of this team.

Reactions: Corby78

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

Burakovsky better ****ing do something (good).

Walker or Gersich would be a better use of space.

This hilarious schtick of rotating Bura and Chiasson as if they key to a SCF contains either of these guys in the lineup.

Burakovsky encapsulates this teams problem over the last three games. He holds on to the puck for far too long, he skates into coverage, he only shoots the puck when he feels like he has a top shelf snipe possibility, he makes horrendous passing decisions, he has zero ice awareness, etc.

Chiasson simply can't finish, I don't really fault the guy, when he plays his role he's okay but at this stage he's trying to be more than he really is.

Walker in the very least knows what he is and doesn't try to be more than that. He funnels pucks towards the net, he has a motor, he pushes pace, he engages in checks. He's not going to win Conn Smythe, but he knows that and plays accordingly. Burakovsky plays like tomorrow Gretzky himself will call and ask for tips.

Reactions: RandyHolt

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Showcasing Burakovsky?:sarcasm: Maybe he'll fetch us a third rounder.

Tickets on stub hub for this one are not outlandish, good temperature reading of the fan base at this time.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I think if people go back and look at the pre season picks it is overwhelmingly the Preds and Bolts in the Final and a 50/50 split on who would win.

Caps being in this series at all is pretty damn shocking.
If our two wins were closely contested I'd probably be more at peace with where we are. That we dismantled TB and were unable to step on their throats through the next three games is just too familiar which is why it's painful.

Plays like Kuznetsov's in the first 30 seconds of Game 5 are things I've only seen happen to the Capitals, it's insane how truthful we really are to the narratives written about us.

Reactions: Lurch and Corby78

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Due to being in Australia, I watch every game on delay and in full. For this reason I don't post much, but I read a lot.

Been a ride that's for sure. The ups and downs of the year. I haven't given up hope that we can take it to a game 7 in Tampa. And you never know, maybe eek out a win like game 6 in Pit.

There's only 3 teams left. Can you believe that ? And the ultimate redemption in beating GMGM awaits if we can get there.

Lets go boys, one for the home fans ... finally.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I feel like it is not all they got to say this postseason. This season shouldnt end with 4 consecutive losses to the opponent who has no business having 3-2 lead in this series if we look at how things been happening so far. Just doesnt seem right and fair. It might be just a fan's sorrow but I can't help but feel Caps can win this game and the series. May the God be with them at this moment of the truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad