Post-Game Talk: Washington vs tb

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I seem to remember Willy destroying someone up the half boards near the bench. Maybe that was last game.

Ovi was a total stud. I wonder if that Girardi DATI pissed him off and made him hit even more.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I would love a hit comp from last night. One my favorites hits was Orpik who rudely sat down a floridian villager near the blue who lost a glove. But seriously that may have been one of our best hit fests in many years. Usually it's first period only, but not last night.

Hits were recorded as 39-19 Caps. Doubled them up, but they also delivered plenty of trucks that should count as two hits *grin*. That's a recipe for playoff success. The Bolts were tired in the late stages which is why their 6 on 5 had very little push to it.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
No room here for your pissy misery today.

Haha, ok I'm on board the happy train then.

I just don't like seeing these massive fluctuations in effort and energy level, seemingly brought out only when needed. As in, when they have a cushion, they sit back, cross their feet and sip daiquiri's until the cushion is all gone, then they bring it again. Bring that effort in game 3 and this series is a sweep.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hits were recorded as 39-19 Caps. Doubled them up, but they also delivered plenty of trucks that should count as two hits *grin*. That's a recipe for playoff success. The Bolts were tired in the late stages which is why their 6 on 5 had very little push to it.

Count as 2? More like 3 or 4, at least when compared to the powder puff hits Florida threw.

Maybe someone will finally track advanced hits stats, and not use the NHL lame duck hit count as official. I want to know knockdowns. Proper trucks / steam rolled. Hip checks / aerials. Odd mans created rates. Shots for vs against with an opponent laying on the ice. Sent to dressing room. Turnovers forced, and quality chances created. Time before next goal after X # of monster hits vs allowed.

Oshie going for that loose puck in the crease took out a Dman and Vasil.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Saturday was eons ago lol. The whole "up two games /afk" seems like something worth getting upset about. Its a loser mentality.

source.gif

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->