OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
talent for talent sure.....but he appears to be on his way out of his 2nd team in no time. Dude must be intolerable at times....lots of red flags around OBJ for me.

Would do that deal in a heartbeat. The chances of the Redskins getting a player of OBJ's quality for the assets they get in return for Trent are somewhere between slim and none. I think Riverboat could iron out any of the character red flags.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

From this article:

The best trade to look at as a guide likely comes from the Eagles acquisition of the Browns second overall pick in 2016. To move up and draft Carson Wentz, Philadelphia sent the 8th overall pick along with their third and fourth-round pick that year, a first-rounder in 2017 and a second-rounder in 2018 to Cleveland in return for the 2nd overall selection.
Did the Eagles give up a lot? Yes, but they got their franchise quarterback.
Would Washington do a similar deal, particularly if it's Miami and the fifth overall pick is there? That type of haul would go a long way towards Rivera's roster rebuild.

That deal would be dreadfully awful for DC. To move away from Young to the 7th or 8th pick, they would get NO help this year, a 3rd and 4th in this draft is chump change. The 1st next year and the 2nd two years later are no help now and who knows what slot those picks end up being 25th and 53rd or some nonsense like that.

There's only one deal that even remotely makes any sense - all three of Miami's 1sts and a 2nd either this year or next. Anything less and I am passing hard on any offer which has most of the return in future years, and that's pretty much all anyone else can offer right now.

I could also easily see a scenario where Young falls to 4th and the Giants giggle like school girls and draft him before the commish finished saying the 3rd pick's name, and he torments us for a decade.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
From this article:

That deal would be dreadfully awful for DC. To move away from Young to the 7th or 8th pick, they would get NO help this year, a 3rd and 4th in this draft is chump change. The 1st next year and the 2nd two years later are no help now and who knows what slot those picks end up being 25th and 53rd or some nonsense like that.

There's only one deal that even remotely makes any sense - all three of Miami's 1sts and a 2nd either this year or next. Anything less and I am passing hard on any offer which has most of the return in future years, and that's pretty much all anyone else can offer right now.

I could also easily see a scenario where Young falls to 4th and the Giants giggle like school girls and draft him before the commish finished saying the 3rd pick's name, and he torments us for a decade.
Miami won’t offer all of that, not should they.

But I do think 5/18/39 is realistic. And I’d do that I’m a heartbeat.
5 = Okudah
18 = top 5 OT
39 = top 2 TE (maybe first TE) or top S

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Miami won’t offer all of that, not should they.

But I do think 5/18/39 is realistic. And I’d do that I’m a heartbeat.
5 = Okudah
18 = top 5 OT
39 = top 2 TE (maybe first TE) or top S

I'm not saying the Dolphins would do it either, I'm just saying I don't think any offer less than that would/should be acceptable to the Skins, thus no trade will likely happen.

I have major doubts about trading down from the top DE to snag the top CB, even if we land two high picks this year. Odds are very good those two picks actually becomes only one player who sticks at a high level. If we assume both Young and Okudah are as advertised and make multiple pro bowls, the DE still has the higher impact. Good DE's make CBs job easier. The inverse is barely ever true.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Harvin could be cool. Not really loving the OBJ rumors. He’s a toxic loser. Then again we could probably use one vet WR and defenses have to account for him.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Harvin could be cool. Not really loving the OBJ rumors. He’s a toxic loser. Then again we could probably use one vet WR and defenses have to account for him.

I'd love OBJ though there is some danger there. Dude is a bit of a nut and he may not fit the profile of guys that Rivera wants in his locker room. That said, trade Trent for OBJ, trade one of their 4ths for Howard, take the top OT in Round 3 and all of a sudden things look a lot different than offense. Adding OBJ and Howard to McLaurin, Sims, Harmon, Guice, and AP actually makes the skill position pretty decent if not a strength. Harvin would be interesting if Sims didn't flash so well last year.

I do think the Redskins are going to be one of the teams disproportionally hurt by this COVID stuff along with the Giants and the Panthers, and maybe the Browns, so expectations for the team -- and more-so the offense -- are adjusted appropriately. Those teams have new coaches and young QBs (or will have a young QB in Carolina depending on how the draft goes) who need reps and it's going to be hard to install new systems without being able to be together.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What has OBJ done wrong since the trade to be "toxic"? Wasn't he hurt, and Mayfield slumped?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
What has OBJ done wrong since the trade to be "toxic"? Wasn't he hurt, and Mayfield slumped?
Everything that I've seen has said that OBJ was completely fine last season in Cleveland and he just didn't seem to mesh well with Baker Mayfield. IIRC his frustration was more focused on not being 100% and the athletic trainers possibly giving wrong advice on the best course of action for his injury which ended up lingering for the majority of the season

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad