OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So if BA had traded Cousins to SF would the Skins have drafted Trubisky?

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

5 steps to $50 million in salary cap space for the Redskins

If you had popped into the article you would have seen that the Deadskins ”roll into” the offseason with 48 million in cap space and can create an additional 40+ million with a handful of moves. In short, they have plenty of flexibility. The Stinks need a QB far more than they need cap space, that’s for sure.

The Prescott situation is really only an option if he is allowed to enter FA. I wouldn’t pay him a fortune AND give up draft picks. Plus, Jerry most likely wouldn’t trade him within the division.

Ultimately for me, if the Stinks, let’s say, added Prescott, brought back Scherff and Silverback, and drafted Young - that’s a franchise-defining, coherent first offseason if you’re Rivera. Perhaps it doesn’t scream “we’re gonna win the Super Bowl”, but it certainly would put this moribund franchise back on the map and immediately give them a chance to compete. As Mahomes pointed out after his SB win, the Smith years in KC paved the way for them. It’s much easier to reach the ultimate goal if you’ve got a winning culture already in place. The Deadskins have the complete opposite of that: decades and decades with zero sustained success.

I’m not even arguing that Prescott is possible, or even desirable. Internally Rivera and Co. should be turning over every leaf if they’re not sold on Haskins long-term prospects and I’d much prefer Dak over Smith, Rivers, Foles or Newton.

It’s quite frankly surprising that most Stinks fans aren’t pining for a QB as much as I am. The Crappy QB Carousel goes back even further than Snyder and is probably the biggest reason they’ve sucked so hard ... and for so long.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Tau’s injury history gives me pause. If they are moving on from Hask then they need to do all in their power to move up to 1 and take Burrow.

For arguments sake what would you do if N1OA is not on the table under any circumstances. What’s the Plan B?

I’d draft Tua or plan on a tank year. Tua is a bird in hand and tanking can be difficult to execute, however.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
For arguments sake what would you do if N1OA is not on the table under any circumstances. What’s the Plan B?

I’d draft Tua or plan on a tank year. Tua is a bird in hand and tanking can be difficult to execute, however.

Trade down and take Jordan Love in the 3rd. Haskins and Love competing for the QB spot would be fun to follow the next couple years.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Haskins will get the keys this year. Rivera is trying to challenge him and light a fire under his ass. He showed me more than enough the last couple/handful of starts to believe he could be a franchise guy going forward. If he sucks ass this year, you can always get Lawrence, but, I believe in Dwayne improving.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Because he got beat out by Tannehill he would come in a lot lower than 30 mil lower price range for someone like Prescott and son of Norv could resurrect him.

I might have misunderstood your post. When you said, "I would rather the Skins not go big in FA but if they do I’d rather they go after Mariota," I thought that meant you were lumping in Mariota with the rest of the guys as if they'd be paid equally, or as if he's who you preferred on that list.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
From what I saw a month or two ago, Smith can barely walk and still has a serious limp. He said he’s lucky to be alive, let alone have his leg. I don’t think he plays another down in the NFL. He will make his money and get into coaching/management after. There’s way too much risk for him and he seems like a smart guy.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
From what I saw a month or two ago, Smith can barely walk and still has a serious limp. He said he’s lucky to be alive, let alone have his leg. I don’t think he plays another down in the NFL. He will make his money and get into coaching/management after. There’s way too much risk for him and he seems like a smart guy.

not sure what you saw? Not only as his wife been instagramming him running on treadmills and working out like a fiend—

but there was also the “bye bye Bruce” video from Dallas after the last game where he was walking just fine.

almost a strut.

so— Yeah

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
forgive us.....we’re all bruised and battered.....lol....

Understandable. I would like to be a fly on the wall though when brand new head coach Ron Rivera goes to Snyder and says "So our plan for this year, is to tank every game to get the top pick next year.. whaddya think?"

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
not sure what you saw? Not only as his wife been instagramming him running on treadmills and working out like a fiend—

but there was also the “bye bye Bruce” video from Dallas after the last game where he was walking just fine.

almost a strut.

so— Yeah
Holy cow. That’s incredible. He looks good in those workout videos?? So happy for him. The footage I saw must have been dated from sometime ago. He looked like he still had a limp in the Bruce video, but, much better than he was just a few months ago.

I still think that this is Haskins’ team, but, glad that Smith is doing better. What a crazy and scary injury, man.

Reactions: Ridley Simon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad