OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Marquis Lee? He’s meh. I get that he’s free in terms of assets, but he’s not a needle mover. Why spend the money?

I could see OBJ back in the NFC East w a “I will prove them” chip on his shoulder. He’s got star power which this team could use a little extra of. And I think Rivera can harness him.

Higher reward than risk. I wouldn’t assume it would cost more than 3rd or 4th. Salary dump and bad fit in Cleve. He wouldn’t be the first player to struggle there and right size somewhere else.

just my 2 cents

Really? Have you been following the team the last decade? Let me refresh your mind how toxic it was after RG3s injury. It was a constant media circus.

The DC media is ferocious. I for one don’t want it turned into another circus by bringing a diva who can’t just stick to football.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Really? Have you been following the team the last decade? Let me refresh your mind how toxic it was after RG3s injury. It was a constant media circus.

The DC media is ferocious. I for one don’t want it turned into another circus by bringing a diva who can’t just stick to football.
Not sure what RG3 has to do with OBJ. But ok.

you want Haskins gone and don’t want a talented WR.

got it

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Obviously hoping it's a third but I'll take it. Aside from two overall that leaves them with two threes, two fours, one fifth, and two sevenths this year. Could package some picks to jump back into the second if they love a player, or if they keep it, they'll have four picks in the third and fourth rounds to build depth. Or throw one of those picks for OJ Howard and the trade essentially would be Trent + pick for OJ Howard + pick.

Also, Happy Chase Young Day everyone!

Reactions: kicksavedave

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

All I’ve read lately is MIA trying to get to 1 and 3. Nothing about 2. That would suggest they know 2 is off limits to them and any other team. A lot of information and mis-information out there but it seems clear the Skins are taking Young.

Last edited:

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Trent is perfect for a win-now team. He’ll give them 3-5 years of excellent play (minus injuries). His age, contract and injury history make it hard to believe he’ll fetch a 1st, but some team could get desperate. In the end, I won’t be shocked if he’s protecting someone like Brees, Brady or Rogers next year. It makes a lot of sense.

Also, I’d prefer assets in next year’s draft so a 3/4 this year and a 2nd next would be great. A 2021 first would be even better. Rivera and his staff have plenty of roster talent to evaluate in year one, plus the defense with Young should be competitive immediately. I’d have a pretty high bar for that D right out of the gate, and I’d be expecting them to establish the identity of my football team.

Having more picks next year will help them in case Haskins doesn’t show enough. They should be prepared to move on quickly if they’re not sold on him after 2020. Two seconds next year and a mid-to-high first gives them a chance to get back towards the top of the order - or fill out roster with a second wave of young players if Haskins succeeds.

If I’m Rivera I’d have my sights set on 2022. By that time I’d want to have my QB in place and I’d be expecting to win the division and begin the quest for the Super Bowl in earnest.

As a Monikers fan, I’d be more than happy to watch a couple building years as long as the team showed progress and promise. It’s a doable turnaround as long as a viable QB emerges in the next two years.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Another sign pointing to Young at 2. If the Skins don’t take him the Giants will if Young makes it to 4.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

It's just a hunch, but I could see Tua slip pretty far. His medical concerns seem to be reason for teams who like him to skip trading up for him and just seeing if he slides to their original 1st round pick.

There is an article in the WP today about the 2nd overall pick, and as far as QBs go, its a really awful history. Being the 2nd overall pick at QB, or even the 2nd overall QB taken, has not been very productive in recent history (30 some years)

What about the quarterbacks taken No. 2 overall? That’s easy. There have been seven of them since 1980, and basically five of them weren’t worth anything close to such a price: Mitchell Trubisky, Marcus Mariota, Griffin, Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer. The jury is out on injury-prone Carson Wentz. Donovan McNabb was worth it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad