OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Everything that I've seen has said that OBJ was completely fine last season in Cleveland and he just didn't seem to mesh well with Baker Mayfield. IIRC his frustration was more focused on not being 100% and the athletic trainers possibly giving wrong advice on the best course of action for his injury which ended up lingering for the majority of the season

What is there to mesh besides egos and personalities?

one guy throws, one guy catches. The football side isn’t complicated. Practice works out those issues.

the behind the scenes stuff however IS complicated and that’s where I suspect the problems are, otherwise we probably wouldn’t be talking about one of the most talented WR’s in football moving to his 3rd team in 3 years.

Reactions: Bananas

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
What is there to mesh besides egos and personalities?

one guy throws, one guy catches. The football side isn’t complicated. Practice works out those issues.

the behind the scenes stuff however IS complicated and that’s where I suspect the problems are, otherwise we probably wouldn’t be talking about one of the most talented WR’s in football moving to his 3rd team in 3 years.
No idea. I've seen the term "bad fit" thrown around a lot by sports media in regards to OBJ and Baker on the field. Idk if that means they just didn't have the right chemistry between the two of them, they didn't get enough practice time together, or maybe OBJ doesn't fit the scheme/style of the offense they've built around their presumed franchise QB in Baker :dunno:.

I could definitely see those two butting heads though. Baker seems like an asshole and acts like he already has multiple MVPs and Super Bowl trophies. OBJ has his own reputation from his days in New York. Looking back on the trade, having a rookie coach that had a quick transition from position coach to OC to HC in about a year and having him try to keep that locker room together was a difficult task in its own right.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I would rather pursue that WR that got release from Jax, he's a UFA. We need draft picks.
Marquis Lee? He’s meh. I get that he’s free in terms of assets, but he’s not a needle mover. Why spend the money?

I could see OBJ back in the NFC East w a “I will prove them” chip on his shoulder. He’s got star power which this team could use a little extra of. And I think Rivera can harness him.

Higher reward than risk. I wouldn’t assume it would cost more than 3rd or 4th. Salary dump and bad fit in Cleve. He wouldn’t be the first player to struggle there and right size somewhere else.

just my 2 cents

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
A first for Trent would be incredible.

OBJ played like crap last year and teams want to get rid of him. All you need to know about his off-the-field component right there.

That being said he’s got tremendous upside as a player - as he’s proven. I think you can have one headcase per team.

*voids if we’re talking Antonio Brown territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad