OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Now I have an idea for changing the name of the Redskins.

My proposed new name is the Presidents. It honors Washington's history as the capital of the USA. As part of the change, I'm proposing the adoption of red, white, and navy blue as the team colors, same as the US flag and Washington's other major league teams.
No way. Redskins stay.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Whether or not they change or keep the name of the Redskins I'm a hard no on changing it to the Presidents and changing their jersey colors. Just call them the Redhawks or something and use the spear logo and uniform as a basis for the rebrand. Change the colors so it's more of the current color scheme, which is iconic, very clean, and looks terrific on TV. Or just keep the bottom uniforms, which are pretty much perfect, and put a spear or something else on the helmet.

54ec535e7d57727593261e188d689785.jpg
kvj5yyizkmk93a8ebb1r.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

The groupthink thing is a valid point. You don’t have these guys all hanging around each event, reaffirming, “yeah I love that kid too”.....etc.....

I think some big mess ups and big steals will happen.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Whether or not they change or keep the name of the Redskins I'm a hard no on changing it to the Presidents and changing their jersey colors. Just call them the Redhawks or something and use the spear logo and uniform as a basis for the rebrand. Change the colors so it's more of the current color scheme, which is iconic, very clean, and looks terrific on TV. Or just keep the bottom uniforms, which are pretty much perfect, and put a spear or something else on the helmet.

54ec535e7d57727593261e188d689785.jpg
kvj5yyizkmk93a8ebb1r.jpg

Eliminate the Indian head from the helmet and tone down the Indian references would go a long way. I am a big fan of the Lombardi helmets with jus the R on the helmet.

Or at the extreme end, change the name to Warriors. Washington Warriors has a nice ring to it. It even works in Hail to the Redskins. And screw Golden State having an issue. NY Jets didn’t make a stink about the Winnipeg Jets coming back or Tennessee taking their old name in the Titans. NFL is king!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Eliminate the Indian head from the helmet and tone down the Indian references would go a long way. I am a big fan of the Lombardi helmets with jus the R on the helmet.

Or at the extreme end, change the name to Warriors. Washington Warriors has a nice ring to it. It even works in Hail to the Redskins. And screw Golden State having an issue. NY Jets didn’t make a stink about the Winnipeg Jets coming back or Tennessee taking their old name in the Titans. NFL is king!

I’d be ok with Warriors and keeping the Indian head myself. Really make it about being a tribute instead of a mascot.

Maybe when Snyder goes....

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I remember Warriors being the most logical option when the whole trade mark stuff was going on a few years back.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I remember Warriors being the most logical option when the whole trade mark stuff was going on a few years back.

Soon after Snyder bought the team I remember reading Snyder was going to purchase an AFL expansion team and he got the trademark to Washington Warriors. Then the AFL shut down and it didn’t happen and when it restarted Snyder didn’t go through with it. I liked the name idea then and it’s about the only thing I’d support if the name is changed.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Chicago's J.J. Stankevitz had the scoop from the Windy City:
The Bears’ offense — like the Eagles and Chiefs — needs good tight end play, and Burton didn’t offer that at all in 2019. He was hampered by a sports hernia that locked up his groin just before the Bears’ wild card loss to the Eagles and was never the same, finally going on IR with a calf injury then undergoing hip surgery the Bears hoped would get him back to his 2018 self. But seeing as they know his medicals better than any team and desperately need good tight ends, it’s hard to see Burton resurrecting his career somewhere else.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
My vote for name change is “Redshins”. It’s just changing a letter and you can keep the fight song etc. Same idea as “Red Sox”. It would sound weird for a year or two and then probably feel like nothing ever happened. Plus it’s not racist. A huge plus in my book.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
My vote for name change is “Redshins”. It’s just changing a letter and you can keep the fight song etc. Same idea as “Red Sox”. It would sound weird for a year or two and then probably feel like nothing ever happened. Plus it’s not racist. A huge plus in my book.
That's a horrible idea... What is a red shin? Will our mascot be someone on crutches with a cast on their broken shin? I'd rather completely change the name altogether than name them something that doesn't make sense at all. That said don't care about the current name and don't want it changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad