OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So was thinking. What if for some reason bengals trade out from #1 and say giants/lions jump in any take chase young? Cause i mean joe burrow is gonna be there at 3 anyways cause redskins arent gonna take him. Then what?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I suggested before it would be wild if Burrow dropped in our laps if Cincy moved back. Would have to be Detroit at 3 moving up, or Miami moving up to 1.

seems like a massive risk for the Bengals.....but Mike Brown so who knows?

smart move for the Bengals might be to trade out of 1, get a bundle of picks and take Jordan Love if they can’t get Burrow/Tua where they trade back to.

Last edited:

Team SWOLEvechkin

Oct 4, 2019
If they can get 5/18/39 from Miami then you trade it.

if you cannot, then you take Young.

This.

...not sure anyone thinks this is a real offer though. But purely on who might be left at 5 from your list (maybe Tua or Joe or Chase is available at 5 for some reason) and the possible upgrades at TE and WR and OL that those extra picks could afford, yeah you gotta take that. What do we think the odds are that the Fins make this offer? What are the odds we think we are picking at 2 and Joe B The Lesser wasn't taken first OA? I'd say both under 25% though.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I was in kindergarten at the time, all I remember is being kept up because people in the neighborhood were honking horns and stuff

Some weird British broadcast

edit: seems you can't watch it embedded, have to go to Youtube

Awesome memories, I was a sophomore in HS that game. Once you get into that Youtube, all those great games are there. I queued this one up for Redskins fans, probably the 2nd most famous play in Redskins history.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I think Young is as sure a bet as there is in this draft, and the Redskins need talent. Kerrigan is aging and Anderson is a backup, so it's not like Edge isn't a need (or won't be one soon). Best case scenario if they trade down is Simmons or Okudah at 5 and Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs at 18. This also depends on what happens w/ Trent. If they get a second for him then the need to trade down diminishes significantly, in my opinion.

I don't know. The more I think about it the more I say take Young and figure the rest out later. They're likely not going to be very competitive this year due to a huge lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball coupled with a new coach, new coordinators, and new offensive and defensive systems -- which is compounded by the fact that the offseason won't be normal due to COVID-19 -- so just take the consensus best player in the draft and look at 2020 as an evaluation and rebuilding year. Establish a new culture of this team playing hard and then go into the 2020 offseason with $100mm in cap space and another round of (likely) high draft picks.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I think Young is as sure a bet as there is in this draft, and the Redskins need talent. Kerrigan is aging and Anderson is a backup, so it's not like Edge isn't a need (or won't be one soon). Best case scenario if they trade down is Simmons or Okudah at 5 and Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs at 18. This also depends on what happens w/ Trent. If they get a second for him then the need to trade down diminishes significantly, in my opinion.

I don't know. The more I think about it the more I say take Young and figure the rest out later. They're likely not going to be very competitive this year due to a huge lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball coupled with a new coach, new coordinators, and new offensive and defensive systems -- which is compounded by the fact that the offseason won't be normal due to COVID-19 -- so just take the consensus best player in the draft and look at 2020 as an evaluation and rebuilding year. Establish a new culture of this team playing hard and then go into the 2020 offseason with $100mm in cap space and another round of (likely) high draft picks.

This is probably the most likely, and safest, route.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The only way passing on Tua makes any sense is if this coaching staff believes Haskins has it in him to be a Pro Bowl QB.

Assuming they do, the only way you don't trade down is if you think the Giants are likely to take Simmons (who is right with Young in terms of being an impact player).

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The only way passing on Tua makes any sense is if this coaching staff believes Haskins has it in him to be a Pro Bowl QB.

Assuming they do, the only way you don't trade down is if you think the Giants are likely to take Simmons (who is right with Young in terms of being an impact player).

Well — don’t they need the also think that Tua CAN be a Pro Bowl QB? (And also not get injured all the time, which is another major concern).

Sure, you may think so — but it’s not at all assured that they do. Heck, many of the Skins posters in here don’t believe it, so why are you just assuming the Redskins do?

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Week 16 when he had 133 yards passing?
35 points were scored by the Skins and Haskins had 133 yards passing. That’s all you need to know.

Wasn’t that 133 in half a freaking game? Before he got hurt before halftime? You = :facepalm:

All we need to know is that you’d scoff at anything good anyone says about Haskins. As I said you would.

You asked for “what good games?” You got them.... and we have your response. You have zero objectivity here. At all.

We know man. We know

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Week 16 when he had 133 yards passing?
35 points were scored by the Skins and Haskins had 133 yards passing. That’s all you need to know.

In losses to the Eagles and Giants, Haskins had a QBR 121.3 and 143.2, respectively. Those numbers were good for 6th in the NFL and then *checks notes* 1st in the NFL.

But I'm done engaging on this topic with you as it's clear that my opinion (he was a young kid in the worst possible situation for a rookie QB and showed steady progress throughout the second half of the season, and it's too soon to tell if the Redskins will win with him behind center) and your opinion (he is the worst QB the Redskins have ever had) are far apart and nothing we discuss will cause you to budge an inch or have an actual discussion, so it's not worth the effort to type anything out.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad