OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread 9: Happy Chase Young Day Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah, I get it, but the issue is bigger than a few annoying questions at camp, Ron. This something that will last longer than your job no matter how well you do it.
It’s Rivera’s job to voice his concerns over his team — this year. Of course he should say how he feels. Right?

now if Snyder bull rushes this simply to appease that mindset? That’s a whole other thing.

it leads me to believe that Snyder has always had a new name “chosen” and that he’s done a lot of background work towards it. Now he just needs to vet it out with the people that matter (league, team management, team alumni, and various other interested parties) before he can make it happen.

I’d wager it’s either RedTails, RedHawks, or Warriors. Not necessarily in that order.

I know that’s not a groundbreaking comment. But I’d personally be shocked if it wasn’t one of those 3

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
So it was Snyder himself who initiated the process of changing the name?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Opens the door to accusations that Snyder is only changing the name to enable the transactions involved, which is probably >50% open anyway. Between the sponsors, the stadium deal, and the ownership sale there will be plenty of skepticism after the honeymoon period. Which in the era of Twitter is about 30 seconds.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you count him resisting numerous calls for a name change for decades until the point that vendors stopped carrying his team's gear and a co-owner issued a public statement as "initiating," then sure.

I forgot to add in my earlier post, the repeated mention of timelines (we talked a month ago, 2.5 weeks ago, etc) seem crafted out of insecurity about the possibility their moves will be met with this kind of skepticism. They want to be able to say they did this on their own.

And really, if it means they go through with it, let them have that. At least it will get done.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I can’t imagine they can come up with a name that will appease every Native American and the Mike Wise’s of the world. It would be best to get out of the Native American themes but keep the colors.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I forgot to add in my earlier post, the repeated mention of timelines (we talked a month ago, 2.5 weeks ago, etc) seem crafted out of insecurity about the possibility their moves will be met with this kind of skepticism. They want to be able to say they did this on their own.

And really, if it means they go through with it, let them have that. At least it will get done.

They can’t be allowed to have anything these days. Social Justice Warriors need their scalps no matter what.

Reactions: Roman Fell

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I can’t imagine they can come up with a name that will appease every Native American and the Mike Wise’s of the world. It would be best to get out of the Native American themes but keep the colors.

Called it. They're paying lip service to other names with this "thorough review" or whatever they said. They want to change as little as possible and have a name picked out (probably Warriors) and want a seal of approval from the tribes.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
They can’t be allowed to have anything these days. Social Justice Warriors need their scalps no matter what.

This is old man yells at clouds seriously tired, imho. Sure the extremes are always like too much but if one takes in the greater context of history that is happening now...

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Snyder is forced to sell to Fred Smith and Smith changes the name and moves the team to Memphis. :laugh:

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
‎The Kevin Sheehan Show: Could Snyder Be On Way Out? on Apple Podcasts

I'm not sure will be lucky enough to have it happen, but it certainly sounds like things are crumbling down around Dan. At some point in the next half-decade, he might be forced out.

Can you imagine getting a new name, new owner, and a rebrand all at once?

BYhoMtJMQsYVy

BYhoMtJMQsYVy

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I’ll be bummed if they change the name for the simple reason I won’t be able to call them the Skidz anymore.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I hope Ted has been saving up!!!!

Honestly though....I don't for a second think Snyder would let himself get forced out of that elite rich people's club. He'll implement change before he's forced out IMO.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
‎The Kevin Sheehan Show: Could Snyder Be On Way Out? on Apple Podcasts

I'm not sure will be lucky enough to have it happen, but it certainly sounds like things are crumbling down around Dan. At some point in the next half-decade, he might be forced out.

Can you imagine getting a new name, new owner, and a rebrand all at once?

BYhoMtJMQsYVy

BYhoMtJMQsYVy

If they can pull off getting rid of Bruce Allen AND Dan Snyder, they can rename themselves the "Washington D0ucheCvnts" and I will be a proud fan again.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I hope Ted has been saving up!!!!

Honestly though....I don't for a second think Snyder would let himself get forced out of that elite rich people's club. He'll implement change before he's forced out IMO.

I believe there is an NFL rule prohibiting owners from owning one or more teams in other leagues.

Sep 19, 2008
Of course not.

I don't think they're going back to DC anytime soon. The community doesn't want them back, and a new name isn't going to change that. If you talk to the people in the area near RFK they want new parks and soccer fields for the community. If you ride the Blue line past RFK when the train comes out of underground and you get a view of RFK and the parking lot, they've already converted most of the parking lot to soccer fields and basketball courts. Plus the land there is federal (FBI office?) so who knows what is going to happen. Just changing a name isn't going to guarantee going back to RFK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad