OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread 9: Happy Chase Young Day Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Redskin Field it is then.

The Fed Ex sponsorship was for $205M over 25 years. Its due in 2024, Fed Ex will likely not renew that deal. Given that anyone who thinks about coming in after them will face backlash, or require the team change their name in exchange for a $350M over 30 year type deal, if Snyder decides to go it alone and not have a sponsor, to just name it Redskins Field, he's going to forgo anywhere from $200 to $300M.

That's far too much for him to ignore.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'm 100% onboard with Redtails. Keep the colors, the fight song, HTTR, the uniforms, etc and just swap out tails for skins.
87950c42ef4d8177da030dc85a802402.png

Eb9dr_cUMAAp69i.jpg

I LOVE this concept. It goes from slurring Native Americans to honoring Black heroes who, apart from a movie that 17 people watched, get far too little credit for what they did for this country. Edit, what they did for humanity.

Besides the new images you posted, they have some dynamite squadron patches too.

800px-301st_Fighter_Squadron_-_AETC_-_Emblem.png

302d_Fighter_Squadron.jpg

Sadly, I'm not sure if any of them are still alive.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I could do without a military-themed team name. It’s already troubling enough how much the military is intertwined with professional sports leagues in America.

Just go with the Hogs or something.

Reactions: CaptainAmerica

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I LOVE this concept. It goes from slurring Native Americans to honoring Black heroes who, apart from a movie that 17 people watched, get far too little credit for what they did for this country. Edit, what they did for humanity.

Besides the new images you posted, they have some dynamite squadron patches too.

800px-301st_Fighter_Squadron_-_AETC_-_Emblem.png

302d_Fighter_Squadron.jpg

Sadly, I'm not sure if any of them are still alive.

I get the appeal and understand the "fit" in this situation. I'm just not sold on the nickname for a football team.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Reading this and the press release I think they're going to try and find a way to come out with a "native american approved" name that preserves the logo and comes close to the name.

So start looking around for tribes that sound like "Redskin".

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I get the appeal and understand the "fit" in this situation. I'm just not sold on the nickname for a football team.

Fair enough. I like it, but I like aviation themed mascots, same way I like how fighters and bombers used logo's on their planes. I think Redtails would be 1 trillion times cooler than say "Jets". Might as well just have called them "Cars" or "Boats"

I think RedTails would grow on people who are skeptical, just because I think its cool and I am a supreme arbiter of all things cool :D

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

Jun 15, 2007
Keep the named but change the logo to a potato. Ah you see, the name refers to red skinned potatoes. Not offensive.

Reactions: Eirikrautha

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Warriors in a landslide.

And I get not wanting a name already used by a team in another sport but it works so nice on different levels and NFL>>> NBA.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad