OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread 9: Happy Chase Young Day Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Man it is happening...i guess in my middle age dom there are things that I just put in the category of like it will never change.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Generals would be a rather tame choice but no big deal. Redhawks is fine. Would be really down for a native american name that would be meet approval. History for this subject is right there with slavery as an original nation sin, imho.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Warriors in a landslide.

And I get not wanting a name already used by a team in another sport but it works so nice on different levels and NFL>>> NBA.

Warriors is easily the best of those and you know DS prefers it since he had the trademark in the past.

Still open to other ideas. But if they pick Warriors and keep the logo they'd better get some kind of sign-off from every tribe in the country or else people will still complain.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Warriors is easily the best of those and you know DS prefers it since he had the trademark in the past.

Still open to other ideas. But if they pick Warriors and keep the logo they'd better get some kind of sign-off from every tribe in the country or else people will still complain.

I think the logo on the helmet goes with the name.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So Redtails seems to be the rising choice on social media. On a whim I looked up Icann who owns Redtails.com, it was taken a while back, 1996 and renewed in 2019 but not in use. Looked up all the other possible derivatives like Washington Redtails, DC Redtails, etc... all of them taken, most of them were just bought today. Tried with dashes and underscores, all taken, most taken just today.

Net net, someone is going to gouge Dan Snyder a whole lot unless he chooses the name "Washington R2b4K5LomS" which may be the only domain left not already owned by someone :p

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Gladiators!
781479562-d3e311f3f2b99000a684bde5058f08e5.jpg

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Pretty obvious for anyone who actually watched Green play his hands were NOT very good... Can't tell you how many easy interceptions that he dropped but this is just a minor belmish in the full scheme of things.

There is an old saying, if DBs had good hands they’d be WRs.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I do think it's valid to knock a DB for having stone hands since turnovers are probably the most important stat for a defense.

But I don't think it really applies to Green since he still is top 25 in history in INTs and INTs returned for a TD, on top of his other abilities as a corner. You'd have to cite some other statistics that I don't think existed to show that Green was overrated. Did he give up a lot of yards and TDs to opposing WRs? I don't think he did but I'm not going to be able to parse the stats to figure it out.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah, I get it, but the issue is bigger than a few annoying questions at camp, Ron. This something that will last longer than your job no matter how well you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->