OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 7: The Offseason/Bruce Allen Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
but what if you don’t love the options at QB after 1? Just because you have #2 doesn’t mean the draftee is worth using it on.

Absolutely. It’s a simple equation of Haskins v Other Options. All I’m saying is their evaluation has to be decisive and ruthless. In the NFL if you have the opportunity to upgrade QB, you take it, or you’re begging to lose in the end. For every team that wins with solid QB play and an elite D there are 10 examples of the teams that win with elite QB play and holes elsewhere.

If Rivera isn’t in love with Haskins but doesn’t really love Tua or Herbert either, the easy answer is to draft Young or trade down (and I’m strongly leaning Young there). A football organization has to have a QB-centric game plan until they get their guy. For instance, I’d trade the entire roster for Patrick Mahomes. To look at it another way, Chase Young plus what could get you Mahomes? The answer is there is no “+” that would get that trade done. That’s how much more valuable QBs are compared to other positions.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Absolutely. It’s a simple equation of Haskins v Other Options. All I’m saying is their evaluation has to be decisive and ruthless. In the NFL if you have the opportunity to upgrade QB, you take it, or you’re begging to lose in the end. For every team that wins with solid QB play and an elite D there are 10 examples of the teams that win with elite QB play and holes elsewhere.

If Rivera isn’t in love with Haskins but doesn’t really love Tua or Herbert either, the easy answer is to draft Young or trade down (and I’m strongly leaning Young there). A football organization has to have a QB-centric game plan until they get their guy. For instance, I’d trade the entire roster for Patrick Mahomes. To look at it another way, Chase Young plus what could get you Mahomes? The answer is there is no “+” that would get that trade done. That’s how much more valuable QBs are compared to other positions.

I think Rivera will be more likely to be ruthless in a year.

I agree with you on the importance of the position and if you have the chance for a clear no brainer franchise/top-10 level QB, you jump on it. Not sure that guy is there this year. I was hoping Herbert would be that clear cut...

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
This team was petty for over a decade before Bruce got here. See if they don’t continue being petty now that he’s gone.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I think @Ridley Simon had a similar (or the exact same) idea but if they trade back to 5 they better get all three of Miami's first round picks this year. Trading down three spots and giving up the best prospect in the draft, especially when that prospect could end up in your division, will require a huge payment. If they do trade back they could hopefully send 5 and 26 to Detroit for 3, so they'd still get Young and also pick up another first along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad