OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 7: The Offseason/Bruce Allen Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This is all backwards. We are assuming the OC stays before a HC is named, and talking about the next coach before a GM. Everything is backwards.

If he stays it’s because of the relationship he has developed with Haskins. In that scenario keeping him is worth it.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
If he stays it’s because of the relationship he has developed with Haskins. In that scenario keeping him is worth it.
Jay had "good relationships" with a lot of players too. Let the next coach decide what is best for DH. If he comes in and interviews and fits in his scheme, I'm fine with it. But to say anyone has "good relationships" on a crappy 3-13 team means nothing to me.

Reactions: Bananas

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Jay had "good relationships" with a lot of players too. Let the next coach decide what is best for DH. If he comes in and interviews and fits in his scheme, I'm fine with it. But to say anyone has "good relationships" on a crappy 3-13 team means nothing to me.

Consistency with a rookie QB is a positive.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This should erase any ideas of Callahan getting the HC job permanently.

I in no way think Callahan should get the job but what he's done has been impressive, in my opinion. They've been competitive in almost every game and his young offensive weapons showed a lot of improvement. Today he's essentially fielding a practice squad.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Consistency with a rookie QB is a positive.
I understand your point, but I don't think it trumps what the new coach wants to do. I also don't care about any "consistency" tied to the last 25 years of this franchise. All we have consistently done is lose and suck.

Sep 19, 2008
They seem to be in a rush to hire a coach. Keep in mind that Ron might bring Norv on as OC. :laugh:

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Just saw the score, figured my BP couldn't take it if I watched :laugh:. Bad news? Could have also had the 10th pick if they had sent Trent to the Browns. But, maybe he changes his mind?

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad