OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 7: The Offseason/Bruce Allen Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Drafting Young is the best plan. I'd rather take my chances with one defensive stud who has the highest chance of reaching his potential, netting a superstar when if comes tp fruition, than a bunch of jags. The Skins don't have to fix the entire roster in one offseason. Start by shoring up one of the biggest weaknesses on the team ie the defense.

the defense isn’t the biggest weakness, and the DLine is the weakness of the defense

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Jeff George
Tony Banks
Shane Matthews
Patrick Ramsey
Danny Wuerffel
Tim Hasselbeck
Mark Brunell
Todd Collins
Jason Campbell
Donovan McNabb
John Beck
Rex Grossman
Robert Griffin III
Kirk Cousins
Alex Smith
Case Keenum

Man...look at all that tasty Salary Cap savings.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Jeff George
Tony Banks
Shane Matthews
Patrick Ramsey
Danny Wuerffel
Tim Hasselbeck
Mark Brunell
Todd Collins
Jason Campbell
Donovan McNabb
John Beck
Rex Grossman
Robert Griffin III
Kirk Cousins
Alex Smith
Case Keenum

embarrassing....

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Jeff George
Tony Banks
Shane Matthews
Patrick Ramsey
Danny Wuerffel
Tim Hasselbeck
Mark Brunell
Todd Collins
Jason Campbell
Donovan McNabb
John Beck
Rex Grossman
Robert Griffin III
Kirk Cousins
Alex Smith
Case Keenum

You lost me.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Tying the stadium to state betting revenue is actually a very shrewd move and will probably work unless someone botches the deal.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

He is on final year of his deal. No more guaranteed money and it would appear Rivera doesn’t want to extend him at this time.

Bye Felicia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Bye Felicia.

There was a report prior to this one that Dunbar wouldn't be participating in OTAs or any other football activities without a new deal since he has no guaranteed money in this the final year of his deal and didn't want to risk getting hurt without guaranteed money in the bank. Maybe they told him tough shit to that stance so he said trade or release me. Or maybe he's just playing hardball to get a new deal. Or maybe he saw Breeland and Fuller win a 'ship after leaving the Redskins and said f*** this you guys stink.

Sep 19, 2008
It's no big deal if you're not with Rivera get out. Only have his guys in. Think he knows what he's doing. One voice

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
You lost me.

Don’t be dense. Our QBs have sucked for two entire generations. The salary cap is the least of our worries when it comes to quarterback.

We desperately need a QB you can win games with and at least Prescott has proven he can fit the bill. I’m not necessarily arguing that he’s the guy to go after but all options should be explored.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Christ, Dunbar is one of the better DBs in the league. Graded top 5 if I'm correct. Why on earth wouldn't they extend him?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Christ, Dunbar is one of the better DBs in the league. Graded top 5 if I'm correct. Why on earth wouldn't they extend him?

I would hypothesize a few reasons. One, which would be the most straight forward, the team president/GM, head coach, defensive coordinator, and chief negotiator were all fired and they haven't finished evaluating the current roster yet. They haven't made any roster moves or done any contracts yet I don't think? Two, they don't like Dunbar or they don't like him enough to redo his contract and just expected him to show up and do the job he signed a contract to do. Three, Rivera knows Bradberry is going to follow him and Dunbar isn't a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad