OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 7: The Offseason/Bruce Allen Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
there are two-three “monsters” every year. I’m not saying young won’t be good, but we need to make sure we get better after this horrible season. I don’t want all my eggs in one basket, not with this team.

Eggs in one basket? You realize we have more than one pick? And we are allowed to participate in free agency as well?

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
We are all aware that free agency exists and those of us older than 15 know very well the dubious record this team has in free agency under Snyder.

But it goes without saying that during that same time frame their drafting has been second to none...

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
We are all aware that free agency exists and those of us older than 15 know very well the dubious record this team has in free agency under Snyder.

Well then you should be well aware that whole "give out highest contracts to bust players" hasn't been the Redskins thing for 10 plus years. If anything Allen was the exact opposite of that.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
But it goes without saying that during that same time frame their drafting has been second to none...

The team has made the playoffs 4 times in the last 20 years. They're drafting hasn't been that good.

Well then you should be well aware that whole "give out highest contracts to bust players" hasn't been the Redskins thing for 10 plus years. If anything Allen was the exact opposite of that.

And where did that get Allen? Unemployed.

Successful teams are built through the draft, New England is the prime example. Then those teams use free agency to enhance here and there when needed. Thats the proper way to utilize free agency. The Skins are at least 2-3 years away from using free agency to enhance their roster.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I'll be honest, I want to trade down. Now that's predicated on a team like Miami paying the price as some of the previous posts have stated, but that's whats best IMO. Yes everyone loves Young, but everyone always loves the top 2-3 guys in the draft. The Redskins aren't one player away, we need an overall better roster. Everyone thought Clowney or Suh were going to be the next great thing on the Dline and they are good. But they don't carry a team. And what if Young is a bust? What if he ends up being a Diva and causing problems? What if he blows out his MCL in training camp? We put all our eggs in one guy this draft. We have no 2nd round pick. Go get solid picks, get multiple pieces, and overall that will be better for this team.

Here is my take. We have a solid track record of not letting our studs on defense free lance and attack the QB. They usually end up playing in a read first scheme. It was evidenced most recently with Sweat killing it all camp and then immediately invisible in the regular season. That is until the season was over/off the rails, Callahan sheepishly admitting we dropped him coverage too much, and then he made some plays.

We may need a QB. I don't give a rats ass how much Turner or RR say they love Haskins, he is not their guy. We will be subbing out Chase so he won't be a full time player, like a QB or OL would be. I wonder if Chase isn't just ahem physically developed sooner than those around him, and will come crashing back to earth in the bigs playing vs men.

Here is the kicker. Our offense may suck and the defense forced once again to play read/bend don't break, milk the clock and keep down scoring. That will take away from Chase's strengths. Same shit happened to Preston Smith who dominated as soon as he left here.

Our offense needs help. Maybe we can get Olsen in here, but our QB play is likely to suck. Our RBs are walking wounded. We may have a hole at LT LG and RG if we don't tag BS. We really only have 1 WR. And, a first used on a DL again, and no second rounder... so this draft will not help our offense any time soon.

Maybe Chase can play TE.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Until Allen refused to pay a good QB so he could pay to acquire a mediocre QB and then elect to hand him a huge contract anyway.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I mean we all know the history, but that’s not a free agency move as is being discussed, just more blunders in other areas....

I consider the frivolous and expensive re-signing to be a UFA move.

The worst kind possible, really, one where you pay a good amount to have the "privilege" of making it...for an old guy who wasn't terribly remarkable to begin with and had nothing but decline ahead of him.

It was every bit a stereotypical Snyder Skinbags move.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The team has made the playoffs 4 times in the last 20 years. They're drafting hasn't been that good.

It was a joke. Of course their drafting has also been subpar overall. Everything about the organization has been awful under Snyder.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Things are getting interesting.

Reading more into this, this started with Carson Palmer saying CIN wasn’t serious about competing for SBs. Then Burrow says this and he just happens to be in training right now with Jordan Palmer.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I consider the frivolous and expensive re-signing to be a UFA move.

The worst kind possible, really, one where you pay a good amount to have the "privilege" of making it...for an old guy who wasn't terribly remarkable to begin with and had nothing but decline ahead of him.

It was every bit a stereotypical Snyder Skinbags move.

ok, by all means continue your Snyder love fest lol....

Reactions: Beef Invictus

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Things are getting interesting.

Reading more into this, this started with Carson Palmer saying CIN wasn’t serious about competing for SBs. Then Burrow says this and he just happens to be in training right now with Jordan Palmer.

No idea what will become of all this, but:

source.gif

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Let’s get crazy for a second......

Skins trade Haskins + 2OA + 2021 2nd round pick

for the #1.....

(I’m sure the ask will be higher)....only if Burrows refuses to play for them, of course why would he play for us either lol..

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The Alex Smith thing doesn’t surprise me. There was a video some time last fall I believe of him working out doing QB drills and all things considered he was moving around pretty darn well with that thing still on his leg. Getting it off and given the amount of time still available to work his way back, from that moment on my thinking was he was going to be their starter going into next season unless he suffered a significant setback.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Lots of options. They may think they can be competitive soon. Like next year soon. Dunno yet. I’m sure they keep TWilliams and BScherff. Maybe Flowers too. They’d still have a lot of money to sign an FA CB (Bradberry) and a TE — along with lots of depth players.

If they truly believe ASmith is ready to come back, that may merit just selecting Young (ala the 49ers) to try and jolt everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad