OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 6: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who do you want to be the new Redskins coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hard pass on Newton.

I agree, but Newton to Snyder is like a red convertible to a retiring Boomer. Hard to resist.

Haskins has upside and Smith is stable if healthy. Easy to imagine Snyder/Allen seeing Newton as a flashier upgrade to aspects of both, also if healthy. The reasoning might be unloading one injury risk (Smith) for another shinier risk (Newton) while having Haskins learn and back up.

Hire Rivera, trade Smith, trade for Newton, fly AB around on Danny Boy 1.

A very Redskinny summer....

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So I have watched LSU a couple times this year including last night. I would take Joe Burrow over Haskins right here and now. I would put him in today's game over any QB we have.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So I have watched LSU a couple times this year including last night. I would take Joe Burrow over Haskins right here and now. I would put him in today's game over any QB we have.

It’s not going to happen, for a variety of reasons, so don’t get your hopes up.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Callahan's offense and player usage is just God Awful, The "next Sean McVay" Kevin O'Connell is just as bad if this is supposed to be his offense. It's the 2nd and we just start running Guice, cause let's keep banging out 40 year old AP.

Like the offense is so predictable. Also, Haskins hurt by these awful play callings. Oh and great, Guice is down.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I hate to say it but we need to draft another RB. Guice is going to be one of those “great when healthy” guys. We already have a TE like that

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
You're running from the I over and over and over again, getting some chunk yards. Why do you not call a play action from that formation? Why do we have to go Gun to throw the ball?

Like...they have zero play calling feel at all, they're just going down a list and picking plays.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Encouraging game all around. They hung with the 9-3 Packers at Lambeau. Not easy. And Haskins still showed progress. Stat line isn’t great but he played through injury, stood strong in the pocket and led the team to a late TD to give them a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad