OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 6: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who do you want to be the new Redskins coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
I do like that Haskins has that swagger about him similar to Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, etc. I'm obviously not saying he's going to turn into that or any where close to it but he's not a robot like Jason Campbell or a wet blanket like Cousins. Not throwing shade at those guys in terms of on field performance, just a comment on their persona and their ability to rule the roost, so to speak.

As I've said before, this team has some good young pieces on both sides of the ball. Bring in a GM to revitalize the roster and the fanbase and see what happens. Maybe Dan has finally learned his lesson, though probably not.

What do you mean by “swagger”? I haven’t seen any.

His stat line in 5 games:

3 TDs (At least one of them a spectacular a catch, another that Giuce ran in after a short pass, and another that was under thrown, which Sprinkle barely hauled in)

7 INTs

15.7 QBR... yes 15.7 :laugh:

Unless by swagger you mean going to the stands to take a selfie with a fan when the game is not over...

Don’t you have to be at least mediocre to have swagger?

Last edited:

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
We don’t need to spend 4-5 years kicking the tires on Haskins. They should know if he’s got the goods by the end of next season. My Spidey Sense says “no” already.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainAmerica

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not ready to throw in the towel skeptical, but skeptical nonetheless.

The wins don’t resonate with me as an individual development positive......maybe because I’m coveting the higher draft pick.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
He’s 2-3 as a starter. With weapons that would make Tua Taglovailoa cringe.

oh and his O-Line is missing it’s best player. Has all year.

He didn't win those games. His play was awful. The defense and running game won them against back-up QBs.

Haskins' QB fundamentals have been atrocious. Fans are grasping to compliment him for achieving basic shit like getting his team out of the huddle, and making simple reads.

Adding to his horrible play--- he's an immature kid.

If the Skins have a shot at a legit franchise QB in the draft, and they pass, it's just another in a long line of franchise-crippling personnel decisions.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Haskins' QB fundamentals have been atrocious. Fans are grasping to compliment him for achieving basic **** like getting his team out of the huddle, and making simple reads.

It’s comments like this that really make me laugh. Like someone can make it to the NFL as a QB with bad fundamentals. Or stating that making reads against NFL level defenses is simple. If reading NFL defenses were simple everyone could do it. Ask Robert Griffin if reading defenses is simple. Reality is it isn’t simple and 2/3 of the NFL teams are looking for QBs at any given time because it isn’t simple.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He didn't win those games. His play was awful. The defense and running game won them against back-up QBs.

Haskins' QB fundamentals have been atrocious. Fans are grasping to compliment him for achieving basic **** like getting his team out of the huddle, and making simple reads.

Adding to his horrible play--- he's an immature kid.

If the Skins have a shot at a legit franchise QB in the draft, and they pass, it's just another in a long line of franchise-crippling personnel decisions.

so who wouldn’t you pass on?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah that is what I’m going to come back to for a while. He was the starter for one year in college and played for a program that had a sizable talent advantage in at least 75% of his games.

He needs quite a bit of development time and I thought most understood that. Apparently not...

I think some prefer the instant upgrade rather than the project. Hard not to see the logic in it even acknowledging the slower development path required for Haskins.

I would have the new President/GM/Head Coach in place and let those guys make the call by the draft.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They should've spent more time filming KC and the Ravens, not the Browns and Bungles.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

If it's a college coach: I'll go with Chris Peterson, seeing as how he just stepped down from Washington

Bonus guess: Chip Kelly, because why not?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I wonder if our next coach is going to embrace cough be forced into nurturing Haskins.

That should be priority one new candidates need to get sorted out. Of course I think it will be Callahan next year, since no one else will want the job. Just like back when Zorn applied for the QB coach job and got to be HC when no one else wanted the job.

Thing are much worse now that then. Only gold diggers need apply.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They will have no trouble getting candidates if Allen is gone.

I sure hope they don’t try to force Haskins or any player as a condition. Let the man decide after he’s hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad