OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 6: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who do you want to be the new Redskins coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I don’t like Bruce at all, but I’ve also seen nothing to point to a racial issue. Glad Trent ripped him a new one, but not sure that comment holds water. I also don’t like how he keeps Snyder out of it. Makes me think these players really do enjoy the Snyder country club and don’t want that to change.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lol.

good. More fuel to the fire.

Allen is a toxic scourge

he’s just trying to reinforce the trade and burn bridges. It’s largely scripted IMO.

He’s pissed because he thought he could show up late and still get half his salary. Free money free money...damn right it’s punitive, and for as much as I dislike Allen, I’m glad they cut him off at the knees this season.

Nobody is bigger than the team. Redskins, Snyder, Allen, doesn’t matter who the boss is. It’s a core value I believe in. This continues to be a lose lose for everyone involved.

If Trent really loves Snyder and they have some friendship, why not go right to the owner? This situation continues to suck....can’t wait for him to be traded, Allen gone and this all forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corby78

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
For the love of God, McCloughan was horrendous. Probably not entirely his fault considering Micro and the Gang’s overall malfeasance, but his tenure was marked by drafting and singing busts.

Missed the bigger point here, which is that only a few times has Snyder had someone who is a real football person in charge of football player decisions and things looked as if they were starting to turn around but like with Marty, Snyder wasn't having fun so he changed things up. Scot McC did oversee the only consecutive winning seasons Dan Snyder has ever had, and while I won't defend all his draft picks, having him here was the right setup and was a step in the right direction, even if he drank his way out of town. Its impossible to know just how much Bruce's handling of SM handcuffed him (or made him want to drink), or if he had true free reign would he have built a real winning roster, but hiring a real football GM was the right thing for Snyder to do.

He just didn't follow it through.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Division is a joke. Skins should get beaten this weekend....but if they somehow win, then they will start to believe.

tbing is? As bad as Dallas is ...and they stink ... Philly simply will NOT lose 2 games to NYG. No way.

So it’s the Iggles to win, IMO.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I love it. Dallas losing to Chicago was the lynch pin to their utter collapse.

LAR have been spotty at best and iirc haven't beaten anyone good all year, so it's not a guaranteed L for Dallas but it should be a tougher matchup than da Bears.

You're fighting for a playoff spot and you let Trubisky hang 4TDs on you? Wow.

Also, quite the field of potentially available QBs next year:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...arterback-market-early-predictions-16-players

Right now I'm thinking the Skins are standing pat on some kind of Haskins/Smith split based on sunk cost as well as future potential, but how juicy is the lure of a Newton/Rivera reunion in DC? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I don’t like Bruce at all, but I’ve also seen nothing to point to a racial issue. Glad Trent ripped him a new one, but not sure that comment holds water. I also don’t like how he keeps Snyder out of it. Makes me think these players really do enjoy the Snyder country club and don’t want that to change.

Snyder uses Bruce as a shield for all his dumb vindictive decisions. Any time Bruce takes the brunt of the blame, it just means he's doing his job.

To me, there is no doubt: The long established pattern of dumb vindictive decisions with this franchise predates Bruce Allen by a pretty good margin. When Bruce Allen got here, nothing changed.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Snyder uses Bruce as a shield for all his dumb vindictive decisions. Any time Bruce takes the brunt of the blame, it just means he's doing his job.

To me, there is no doubt: The long established pattern of dumb vindictive decisions with this franchise predates Bruce Allen by a pretty good margin. When Bruce Allen got here, nothing changed.

One thing changed when Bruce showed up. The Skins became fiscally responsible in regards to player contracts.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure CAR shipping Newton out is an option at this time.

It's part of the article

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ck-market-early-predictions-16-players#newton

Part of what makes him so effective, of course, is his ability to pick up first downs with his 6-foot-5, 245-pound frame. After undergoing both foot and shoulder surgeries, it's unclear whether the same quarterback will be waiting on the field come 2020. With Newton entering the final year of his deal at a base salary of $18.6 million, the Panthers will be making an expensive bet on his health if they decide to keep him around.

Of course, the decision on Newton's future will also be preceded and determined by the efforts to find the Panthers a new coach. Owner David Tepper admitted that he fired Ron Rivera before the end of the season to beat other teams to the hiring jump. Part of that process, unquestionably, will involve Newton and his future. The Panthers and their new coach will likely have to make a decision about their 2020 quarterback before Newton has stepped back onto a football field at anything close to 100%.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The players definitely love the country club. It's a f***ing cancer. It will always be a source of decay.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I've got a developing theory: With the departure of Cousins (not that he was any great shakes) the Skins star finally collapsed and became a black hole of shittiness, and its gravity has attracted all the suck that was previously free floating across DC sports. This has allowed the Caps, Nats, Mystics, and even the Wiz to operate free of said suck and the attendant misery. Thus, the Skins must never sort themselves out. Sorry folks.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I've got a developing theory: With the departure of Cousins (not that he was any great shakes) the Skins star finally collapsed and became a black hole of ****tiness, and its gravity has attracted all the suck that was previously free floating across DC sports. This has allowed the Caps and Nats and even the Wiz to operate free of said suck and the attendant misery. Thus, the Skins must never sort themselves out. Sorry folks.

I'd easily support the Redskins sucking if it meant the other teams trading championships. Snyder deserves every bad thing that comes his way.

Sep 19, 2008
nsiv1kxvp2341.jpg

:laugh:

Haskins advocating for AB in DC lol

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Thats fine but Kyle Allen has been playing like the undrafted player he is the last 6-7 games. CAR keeping Newton around is a real possibility. And 18.6 mil is nothing for an MVP level QB these days.

Of course it's a possibility but if you read the article or at least the Newton blurb you'd see there's a lot of risk and other factors that put him on the list of guys possibly on the move.

And don't forget we're talking about Snyder. He's gone for big offseason moves many times in the past.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Of course it's a possibility but if you read the article or at least the Newton blurb you'd see there's a lot of risk and other factors that put him on the list of guys possibly on the move.

And don't forget we're talking about Snyder. He's gone for big offseason moves many times in the past.

Oh no doubt Snyder would kick the tires if given the opportunity. Newton is the bigger/stronger version of Snyder’s long lost BFF, Griffin.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh no doubt Snyder would kick the tires if given the opportunity. Newton is the bigger/stronger version of Snyder’s long lost BFF, Griffin.

I was thinking maybe the devil on his shoulder is telling him "Get Newton now, it's a McNabb do-over but younger".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad