OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 6: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who do you want to be the new Redskins coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Ruh-roh

I am surprised. He is a former MVP and he is, when healthy, the best QB currently on the roster by a lot. The owner must really want to put his stamp on the Panthers.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
IMO Haskins looked lost during the first half, doesn't seem to be able to move at all if there is pressure, just a statue back there. He completed passes to wide open guys so there is that. Oline didn't help him at all, but doesn't seem to have a good feel of when pressure is coming or a mental clock of when its getting there. He did move the ball when the packers played a bit of a prevent, and the TD by 17 was amazing. Haskins threw it way behind him but he somehow made it happen. I don't know what the future team will look like but it has to have 17 a part of it.

Defense did ok, they had a bend but don't break type of feal. Jones was killing them, but they kept the team in the fight. The Dline really did their part to keep Rogers uncomfortable as much as possible. The Guice injury hurt because we did have some success running with him, but then we kinda bogged down.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Haskins blows. Pass.

Guice's running style prevents him from playing more than 8 games a season. Pass.

The defense has looked better, but they are largely responsible for why this team is 3-10.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
If I’m Cam I would want to be released and go to the team he wants. I would even say Cam should hold out to get where he wants to play.

He has 1 year left on his deal and he will be recovering from foot surgery that could take longer than expected to heal. He has leverage.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Haskins is not the answer.

But I’m OK to let the new GM decide.

(Which is a good thing since I have no other choice.)

Sep 19, 2008
The team isn't a total dumpster fire as there are some parts salvageable. Just get rid of dead weight like Norman and reassemble next year. Haskins with a year of experience under his belt along with draft additions and FA moves could lead this team back to mediocrity. Before you laugh, keep in mind teams have gone from losers to decent pretty fast, including the team that we played just yesterday

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The team isn't a total dumpster fire as there are some parts salvageable. Just get rid of dead weight like Norman and reassemble next year. Haskins with a year of experience under his belt along with draft additions and FA moves could lead this team back to mediocrity. Before you laugh, keep in mind teams have gone from losers to decent pretty fast, including the team that we played just yesterday
So mediocrity is the goal? While I agree there are some good parts here (17, Dline) we still have a lot of issues. We don’t have our next RB, TE, and maybe QB. Our LBs are still a big question, as is the secondary and Oline. And then the biggest question of all, who will be coaching and who will pick that coach.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I don't get the Haskins hate. Everyone who is anyone said he needed to learn the pro game and that sitting for a season or two while learning was the best thing for him. Fact is, the previous head coach didn't want him, the offensive coordinator and quarterback coach spent zero time with him learning the playbook and development him and then he gets thrown into the line of fire by the team. He never stood a chance. With that being said, he's done better than anticipated under the circumstances. I expect a full off season working with a new offensive coordinator, quarterback coach and receivers will do him a world of good.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Impressed with his toughness and arm strength. But he really seems to hold the ball too long - throws seem late, progression reads seem slow, and it looks like he's not scanning the field/reading the rush until he completes his drop-back. Maybe you can teach all that - but shouldn't a 1st round QB know it to begin with. The more complex stuff - reading the D formations while under center and making adjustments as warranted shouldn't be expected to come right away, but some basic tools seem really under-developed. Again that's not really on him - but it is on the organization for investing such a high draft pick on him.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I do like that Haskins has that swagger about him similar to Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, etc. I'm obviously not saying he's going to turn into that or any where close to it but he's not a robot like Jason Campbell or a wet blanket like Cousins. Not throwing shade at those guys in terms of on field performance, just a comment on their persona and their ability to rule the roost, so to speak.

As I've said before, this team has some good young pieces on both sides of the ball. Bring in a GM to revitalize the roster and the fanbase and see what happens. Maybe Dan has finally learned his lesson, though probably not.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Impressed with his toughness and arm strength. But he really seems to hold the ball too long - throws seem late, progression reads seem slow, and it looks like he's not scanning the field/reading the rush until he completes his drop-back. Maybe you can teach all that - but shouldn't a 1st round QB know it to begin with. The more complex stuff - reading the D formations while under center and making adjustments as warranted shouldn't be expected to come right away, but some basic tools seem really under-developed. Again that's not really on him - but it is on the organization for investing such a high draft pick on him.

the dude barely played in college, so not unexpected...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Will Bruce get to sit in on any GM interviews, like Manusky got to do when Bruce was looking for a new DC?

Yeah, so, I don't like him....

Reactions: Corby78

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
No. I don’t think so — No. that’s all a function of knowing where players will be and understanding the offense. So he doesn’t have to “think” but just read and react. Ever learn a new dance style? How long did it take you to get it right? Most take time. Same with learning this teams playbook and systems. All while NOT being #1 in reps and having it changed who knows how many times as it’s gone for Gruden to Callahan.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
I don't get the Haskins hate. Everyone who is anyone said he needed to learn the pro game and that sitting for a season or two while learning was the best thing for him. Fact is, the previous head coach didn't want him, the offensive coordinator and quarterback coach spent zero time with him learning the playbook and development him and then he gets thrown into the line of fire by the team. He never stood a chance. With that being said, he's done better than anticipated under the circumstances. I expect a full off season working with a new offensive coordinator, quarterback coach and receivers will do him a world of good.

Wait what?!? How do you know that they spent zero time with him? You just pulled a lot of misinform out of your rear.

All we heard was that he was not ready... and based on his play the coaches were right. Makes me think you haven’t watched a single game or paid any attention during training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad