OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 6: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who do you want to be the new Redskins coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You guys need to step OFF the Haskins ledge. Honestly. This bashing is SO NOT FAIR.

He’s got no weapons
He’s got a poor O-Line
He’s got Callahan as an HC
He’s started all of TWO games
He’s involved in a terrible culture
He’s being thrust into a leadership role
He’s only started 15 games total since HS

look, Snyder and Allen are easily (and I honestly mean ..... really easily) the worst Owner/GM pairing in all of North American Pro Sports. BY FAR.

But that’s not Haskins fault. It’s WAY TOO SOON to be making any judgements on this guy. He cares, he wants to get better, and he works hard.

And @Capsman — weren’t you the guy that wanted to pigeon hole him into being Jamarcus Russell? Before he’d even started a game?

You’ve been massively negative on this poor kid since day 1. I don’t see any objectivity here. At all.

I loathe Dan and Bruce. LOATHE. But don’t paint poor Haskins with their filthy dirty ugly brush.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You guys need to step OFF the Haskins ledge. Honestly. This bashing is SO NOT FAIR.

He’s got no weapons
He’s got a poor O-Line

look, Snyder and Allen are easily (and I honestly mean ..... really easily) the worst Owner/GM pairing in all of North American Pro Sports. BY FAR.

But that’s not Haskins fault. It’s WAY TOO SOON to be making any judgements on this guy. He cares, he wants to get better, and he works hard.

And @Capsman — weren’t you the guy that wanted to pigeon hole him into being Jamarcus Russell? Before he’d even started a game?

You’ve been massively negative on this poor kid since day 1. I don’t see any objectivity here. At all.

I loathe Dan and Bruce. LOATHE. But don’t paint poor Haskins with their filthy dirty ugly brush.

I see a QB who has all the tools to succeed if developed right. For instance, considering his overall lack of experience, he has a great feel for pressure in the pocket...it comes naturally to him. But he needs a lot of development, so his ideal situation would probably have been getting drafted by a team with the luxury to let him sit behind a veteran for a few years. It isn't his fault that Danbag lusted for him. It isn't his fault we are going to ruin him. I feel bad for him and I regret the whole situation.

They must be working on his throwing mechanics or something. I watched a good amount of OSU with him and I do not remember him handcuffing receivers at the insane rate he did today.

On another note Guice made it through an entire game! And played well!

Why hasn't Manusky been fired! WHY! Seriously! What the greasy buttslime is this!? How can he be employed????

Manusky and Allen need to have their careers put down.

SophisticatedGregariousElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Their is no hope for anything, it’s like watching the same movie over and over. I’m a younger fan and I’ve been die hard for the skins my entire 27 years of life but I’ve never been this uninterested or care-less about the Redskins.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I see a QB who has all the tools to succeed if developed right. For instance, considering his overall lack of experience, he has a great feel for pressure in the pocket...it comes naturally to him. But he needs a lot of development, so his ideal situation would probably have been getting drafted by a team with the luxury to let him sit behind a veteran for a few years. It isn't his fault that Danbag lusted for him. It isn't his fault we are going to ruin him. I feel bad for him and I regret the whole situation.

They must be working on his throwing mechanics or something. I watched a good amount of OSU with him and I do not remember him handcuffing receivers at the insane rate he did today.

On another note Guice made it through an entire game! And played well!

Why hasn't Manusky been fired! WHY! Seriously! What the greasy buttslime is this!? How can he be employed????

Manusky and Allen need to have their careers put down.

SophisticatedGregariousElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

I think GregMan is still here to help us get the best draft placement possible. I have wracked my brain.....and it is simply the ONLY logical explanation.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
McLaurin

Guice

Even haskins
I guess, it seems like nothing ever transpires to anything good. I was more excited with the Cousins/Desean/Reed/Garçon lineup. I dunno, maybe I’m being too negative, I’m just sick of losing. Thank god we have the Capitals

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

He’s got no weapons
He’s got a poor O-Line

It's a fair point. John Elway might look fairly average under the circumstances.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
well at least haskins is asking the right questions?

whats the excuse for him being a dick?

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

He’s got no weapons
He’s got a poor O-Line

Listen, I hope he works out, I do. But I'm not going to pull punches just because he was put into a bad situation. And lets be fair. He is the one who started his career claiming "the NFL dun messed up" because he wasn't drafted higher. He is the one who sold tickets to a draft party to launch his brand. He is the one who started calling himself Simba as if he was already king. He set the bar, not me.

Now from day one, we all said he needed work, and I'm expecting that, but he still has looked bad. And I think its fair to start looking at if he is the guy. The front office should be doing that too, that's why getting him games is so important. And to be fair, I don't see any "leave Sweat" alone posts. He is on a crappy team too, but he isn't producing so he is being called out. Just saying. I understand your post, and I don't disagree, but I think the criticism is warranted in this case.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
well at least haskins is asking the right questions?

whats the excuse for him being a dick?

I mean this says it all. Some of the guys aren't even looking at him. Others looking at him like he has three heads. All slumped over looking defeated, apathetic, or both. 'Tis going to be an uphill battle for young Haskins; I can't think of a worse situation for a young QB to be in.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This looks bad on the o line. Like a bunch off of quiters

It was funny watching Scherff and Penn acting like they were getting conned on that ridiculous Scherff sequence. The penalty was completely deserved, so the freakout and the addition of another penalty was just all the more absurd.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure what's worse...being young and never having seen the Skins as anything other than the laughingstock of the league, or being old enough to remember the team's great history while watching it all turn to shit.

Reactions: Corby78

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Haskins looked to me like a guy with little pocket awareness, elusiveness, or feel for where pressure was coming from and where relief from that pressure might be. He frequently seemed to go back to pass, freeze for a moment, realize the pocket was collapsing and then step into the rush, and not away from it. I could see why the O-line would be frustrated, even though they had nothing to brag about either.

None of this is shocking give his rookie status and relatively short pro experience - but again begs the question, what the f*** is the point of having him play now, when he’s so raw and the team is so bad. It’s such a profound organizational failure to be “developing” a guy who is so unready in this fashion.

Snyder and Allen just have superpower levels and varieties of dumbassery. It’s quite extraordinary

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lol @ Kaep wearing a Kunte Kinte shirt to his workout....

Clamoring for martyrdom. Also heard an ex-GM on the radio tonight say he spoke to scouts who said he wasn’t in game shape at all.

Clown show award to the NFL.

Reactions: Corby78

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Haskins looked to me like a guy with little pocket awareness, elusiveness, or feel for where pressure was coming from and where relief from that pressure might be. He frequently seemed to go back to pass, freeze for a moment, realize the pocket was collapsing and then step into the rush, and not away from it. I could see why the O-line would be frustrated, even though they had nothing to brag about either.

None of this is shocking give his rookie status and relatively short pro experience - but again begs the question, what the **** is the point of having him play now, when he’s so raw and the team is so bad. It’s such a profound organizational failure to be “developing” a guy who is so unready in this fashion.

Snyder and Allen just have superpower levels and varieties of dumbassery. It’s quite extraordinary

you almost have to let him play now to see what you have. Expectations couldn’t be lower, so why not?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Not sure what's worse...being young and never having seen the Skins as anything other than the laughingstock of the league, or being old enough to remember the team's great history while watching it all turn to ****.

I’ll take old enough to remember when they were champions any day. As bad as it’s gotten Dan Snyder can never take those SB winning memories away from me.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

None of this is shocking give his rookie status and relatively short pro experience - but again begs the question, what the **** is the point of having him play now, when he’s so raw and the team is so bad. It’s such a profound organizational failure to be “developing” a guy who is so unready in this fashion.

Not sure if we were watching the same game yesterday. Good pocket awareness, for the most part, is the only thing Hask had going for him.

And now is the exact right time to play Hask. The team needs to see if he can play. If he makes noticeable improvement week by week to see if he can be developed or if they have to go in another direction at QB. Or at least that’s what competent organizations would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad