OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 6: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who do you want to be the new Redskins coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Dunno. Film study is not management or coaching in its entirety. Maybe CC could handle all that, or maybe he's just an ex-player who's not afraid to break down Xs and Os when they look bad for the home team. I would rather see him in a coordinator role of some kind, if anything.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I'll say this: if Snyder fires Bruce and hires what I deem to be a solid GM/HC combo and said GM makes some smart moves (trading Trent, cutting Norman, etc) then I'll have a lot of hope back. They have a lot of young talent worth rooting for like Haskins, Guice, McLaurin, Harmon, Sweat, Allen, Ioannidis, Payne, Holcomb, Collins, and a few others and if they can excise the cancer that is Bruce Allen then I'll be back as a fan.

It all hinges on firing Allen. Keep Allen around and nothing they do will matter. Snyder has one bullet left in the chamber to win back his fanbase and if he doesn't do it, well, then he's going to see a lot more of this:

Don't hold your breath.

This exact same sentiment was echoed about Vinny Cerrato.

"If we could only replace yes-man Vinny with a legit football guy, we could contend".

Snyder is a bully, his management style is cancer, and unless he fundamentally changes as a person (why would he?) there is literally no hope.

You are better off hoping for him to move the team, or sell it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Don't hold your breath.

This exact same sentiment was echoed about Vinny Cerrato.

"If we could only replace yes-man Vinny with a legit football guy, we could contend".

Snyder is a bully, his management style is cancer, and unless he fundamentally changes as a person (why would he?) there is literally no hope.

You are better off hoping for him to move the team, or sell it.

No breath holding here, just stating the obvious and necessary. The only reason I think change might happen is DC is now a city with champions and ratings and attendance have never been this bad for the Redskins. In 2009 there was anger in passion; in 2019 there is only (mostly) apathy.

Snyder has proven time and again he's a petulant child who relishes cutting off his nose to spite his face but maybe he has a breaking point as well. Doubtful, but maybe.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think a Parcells or Belichick type could handle Snyder. But that's a short list and not sure who else would be like that who might be available.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think a Parcells or Belichick type could handle Snyder. But that's a short list and not sure who else would be like that who might be available.

Saban. He’s my dream guy. Takes no crap, has done it all at Alabama, and has all the cred in the world. It’s be GREAT theatre no matter what actually happened and would change literally EVERYTHING for the fan base.

Plus he’s already coached like half the team as it is. LOL.

Give him a 7yr/105m contract and get out of the way, Dan

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Skins are big dogs this week vs GB (+12.5). I'm 5-2 picking against the Skins this year but I kind of like the points.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

“It just goes to show you how behind the times [Allen] is, and he still tries to use that money to hold it over black athletes,” Williams said.

Hooo boy. What's the explanation for how they handled Cousins, then?

“I just don’t understand. In any business world, when the employer has someone who is underperforming, he finds another one. I don’t know in the last 10 years if there is a worse record [for] someone who has held their job for 10 years and performed the way they performed and still have a job. I don’t know. That would be good to look up and [see] just who else is in that company. I would be thrilled to find out.”

Trying to get Allen fired.

Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad