OT: Washington Football Team: What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
According to Cooley Mond is a multiple year project. And has the same problem Haskins has, no touch on his passes. Always rifling it at his WRs. Pass.

Hey I'm not saying I want them to draft Mond. At this point, I'm perfectly content with Kyle Trask. He's had 27 starts and has a good touch when throwing the ball. He might not be the most athletic guy, but he can get the ball to his receivers and he can throw a decent deep ball if need be. Turner's system emphasizes short to intermediate passes anyways and that fits Trask to a tee.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Day 2 QB or bust.....

Gimme a lower cost project....at least it’s something.

It feels like for 30 years now, the RedsWFTs have drafted a QB in the first round, or the 6th/7th round, with only Kirk Cousins the actual "Day 2/develop" type and he was a 4th rounder. I can't recall the last QB they spent a 2nd or 3rd on?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It feels like for 30 years now, the RedsWFTs have drafted a QB in the first round, or the 6th/7th round, with only Kirk Cousins the actual "Day 2/develop" type and he was a 4th rounder. I can't recall the last QB they spent a 2nd or 3rd on?

so you’re saying I’m onto something.....;)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

First guy I thought of was Campbell but looked it up and he was late 1st (25OA).

You have to go all the way back to Jay Schroeder 3rd rd 83OA in 1984.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Try something new, QB on Day 2!
I’d rather they burn one of their two thirds on a QB since this draft is deep in the positions they could use the most help with. Davis Mills should still be around in the third but Mayhew said QBs without a lot of starts makes him nervous. Wonder if that’s a smokescreen for Lance or if they really don’t want another Haskins situation with a multi year project.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I’d rather they burn one of their two thirds on a QB since this draft is deep in the positions they could use the most help with. Davis Mills should still be around in the third but Mayhew said QBs without a lot of starts makes him nervous. Wonder if that’s a smokescreen for Lance or if they really don’t want another Haskins situation with a multi year project.
Multiple knee injuries and the huge brace he wears makes me nervous. From what I’ve read and heard Jaime Newman would be a great day 2 project. And think of the memes.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Multiple knee injuries and the huge brace he wears makes me nervous. From what I’ve read and heard Jaime Newman would be a great day 2 project. And think of the memes.

Whatever are you talking about?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
All valid points on Mills. Newman makes me a little nervous since he hasn't played football in a while and there are a lot of reports that state that he opted out of the 2020 season because it became clear that JT Daniels was going to be named the smarter so he tried to protect his draft slot. That would be a reasonable thing for him to do from a self preservation perspective but it's not a quality trait I'd want in my franchise QB, especially since he didn't really light the world on fire at Wake.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Hey I'm not saying I want them to draft Mond. At this point, I'm perfectly content with Kyle Trask. He's had 27 starts and has a good touch when throwing the ball. He might not be the most athletic guy, but he can get the ball to his receivers and he can throw a decent deep ball if need be. Turner's system emphasizes short to intermediate passes anyways and that fits Trask to a tee.

Yeah, I'm firmly against drafting a mediocre QB and wasting 3 years trying to get water out of stone.

These guys are JAGS.

I would much rather trade 2 1sts or something to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers in the offseason.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

This news may see him drop to 19. I sure hope Fields disclosed this to Rapoport. If not that may be a HIPAA violation.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

If Young wants to change his number someone will have to fork up some cash.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Galdi had some interesting info on his pod today. Reed played 58% of his games as a Redskin. And if DC takes a RB in this years draft it will be the 13th year in a row they drafted a RB. Crazy.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Galdi had some interesting info on his pod today. Reed played 58% of his games as a Redskin. And if DC takes a RB in this years draft it will be the 13th year in a row they drafted a RB. Crazy.
Out of the 13 I think Alfred Morris was the only pro bowler. Ouch

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Yeah, I'm firmly against drafting a mediocre QB and wasting 3 years trying to get water out of stone.

These guys are JAGS.

I would much rather trade 2 1sts or something to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers in the offseason.

Journal of the American Geriatric Society? Wouldn't that be what Washington would be acquiring if they gave up two 1sts for Rodgers?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Journal of the American Geriatric Society? Wouldn't that be what Washington would be acquiring if they gave up two 1sts for Rodgers?

He won the MVP this year.

He would immediately be the best QB in franchise history, and unless they're in a position to draft a sure-fire QB, the obvious choice.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just saw a sneak peak of the dance team. Looks like dancing my kids watch on tik tok. Not surprising is the ladies were wearing very short sequenced shorts. Some things will never change. Anyway, they’ll be ignored like the cheerleaders were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad