OT: Washington Football Team: What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Saw it then and it’s still awesome all these years later. Damn, I was a month away from graduating high school when this took place. It sucks getting old.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

Saw it then and it’s still awesome all these years later. Damn, I was a month away from graduating high school when this took place. It sucks getting old.

I have never seen this, and I have no idea what this is about. But that was awesome - probably face a lawsuit if you did that today

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I have never seen this, and I have no idea what this is about. But that was awesome - probably face a lawsuit if you did that today

Jim Rome was/is a cocky punk ass sports commentator, who used to call Jim Everett "Chris" after Chris Everett, a female tennis star of the day. I'm unclear why Rome had it in for Everett, who was a decent but not great starting QB in the NFL for the Rams back then. It was juvenile at best and intentionally provoking Everett, who obviously had enough. It may be the best smackdown in sports history though, which is why its anniversary the still celebrated today :D

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Jim Rome was/is a cocky punk ass sports commentator, who used to call Jim Everett "Chris" after Chris Everett, a female tennis star of the day. I'm unclear why Rome had it in for Everett, who was a decent but not great starting QB in the NFL for the Rams back then. It was juvenile at best and intentionally provoking Everett, who obviously had enough. It may be the best smackdown in sports history though, which is why its anniversary the still celebrated today :D

I think it was as simple as Rome was located in LA and Everett was the local QB who didn’t play as well as Rome thought a former 3rd overall pick should. Also for a 6’5” QB Rome thought he was very soft.

Rome thought was an ass IMO...

Reactions: kicksavedave

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Rome has always been a blowhard. Hate his forced cockiness schtick and the self-branded world he's tried to create a la Stern and all the other shock jobks. But that vid is never going to NOT be funny.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Did a Covid trip to Disney with the kids in February and gotta admit, it was awesome. I was a bit worried about getting there but once we got there it was terrific. No long lines, forced distancing in lines meant no sweaty people breathing on you, guests and staff were very respectful of personal space and adhering to safety protocols... I really enjoyed it. Might like Covid Disney better than normal Disney. Honestly the worst day there was the Monday after the Super Bowl since Gronk was there and a ton of Tampa fans invaded and were pretty rude (and drunk).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad