OT: Washington Football Team: What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
"It was not until the plaintiffs saw an opportunity for a money grab that they changed their stories to convert therapy sessions they bragged about to friends and family to something much more nefarious," Watson's answer alleges.

I wonder how they would claim to know this?

Me too! Transcripts of text messages/online posts and interviews? Dunno.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Waston needs to go away, Shocked hes not on the commish list yet. But it look a video for Ray Rice to get hit.

That was also a shitstorm that seeped into the general ticker. There's so much other screwed up shit going on right now the Watson story is hardly a blip on the radar of national news.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
That was also a shitstorm that seeped into the general ticker. There's so much other screwed up shit going on right now the Watson story is hardly a blip on the radar of national news.

Ain’t that the truth! And....no Caps until Thursday.

* cries *

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
"It was not until the plaintiffs saw an opportunity for a money grab that they changed their stories to convert therapy sessions they bragged about to friends and family to something much more nefarious," Watson's answer alleges.

I wonder how they would claim to know this?
Must be direct quotes from “friends and family”

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Peter Schrager on NFL.com has WFT taking Etienne at 19.

I'm conflcited. Not sure if I should hope that he's on drugs, or just certifiably insane.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I think I need to see another year of improvement under Rivera to see if the likes of Aaron Rodgers would come to DC in 2022. Too many times we've had a year where we make the playoffs and have expectations the following year and then it all falls apart the next year. Actually, this is true for the entire 20 years of Snyder's tenure.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
In life, when you need to make a large decision — and it *can* wait a little bit — you have to look at certainties.

meaning, I think you need to be certain on the option you like/want, in order to make that large decision earlier than is necessary.

the DC team doesn’t need another QB now. It just doesn’t. So unless they are “certain” on their decision, the smart thing to do is wait.

do you think Tampa Bay thought — anywhere along the line during the 2019 season — that they would have Tom freaking Brady at QB for 2020?

HELL no. But they did!

Weird shit happens all the time in life (Pro Sports inclusive). The rushed/forced decision is never always the right decision. They have time to wait, and they’d be fools not too — unless they are certain in what they are doing.

Reactions: kicksavedave

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
In life, when you need to make a large decision — and it *can* wait a little bit — you have to look at certainties.

meaning, I think you need to be certain on the option you like/want, in order to make that large decision earlier than is necessary.

the DC team doesn’t need another QB now. It just doesn’t. So unless they are “certain” on their decision, the smart thing to do is wait.

do you think Tampa Bay thought — anywhere along the line during the 2019 season — that they would have Tom freaking Brady at QB for 2020?

HELL no. But they did!

Weird shit happens all the time in life (Pro Sports inclusive). The rushed/forced decision is never always the right decision. They have time to wait, and they’d be fools not too — unless they are certain in what they are doing.
This is really smart, and a very good philosophy.

There is one problem in this context, however: Daniel F*****g Schneider has always been certain in every decision he has made regarding this team.

So if it truly is RR and the new FO braintrust in charge, then, right on! If it's still Little Danny Satan running the show -- do the EXACT opposite!

Reactions: Ridley Simon

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Peter Schrager on NFL.com has WFT taking Etienne at 19.

I'm conflcited. Not sure if I should hope that he's on drugs, or just certifiably insane.

Etienne has top 5 back potential. It's not so crazy... if he's there in the 2nd round.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I'd have no trouble taking a back in Rd 2 (I've been thinking J. Williams, UNC), but that's assuming they've addressed LB in Rd 1.
But a luxury player in the 1st when you can address positions of need with guys who have star talent (LBs, OL & even S) would be unsound strategy (to me, anyway.)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

HELL no. But they did!

If Green Bay were dumb enough to move on from Aaron Rodgers next year, I'd be all over that like Deshaun Watson on a flirty masseuse.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Still thinking it's going to be Mond in round 2. He's got a high number of starts in college that Mayhew has talked about, he can make those throws when the pocket collapses and he's forced to scramble and he's got a rocket of an arm. The mechanics can be cleaned up and he won't need to start right away. He'll get time to learn the system and he'll get time to fix things up with his game.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think I need to see another year of improvement under Rivera to see if the likes of Aaron Rodgers would come to DC in 2022. Too many times we've had a year where we make the playoffs and have expectations the following year and then it all falls apart the next year. Actually, this is true for the entire 20 years of Snyder's tenure.
Our Sch is a bitch this season. We could easily have a better team with a worst record.

Reactions: tenken00

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Still thinking it's going to be Mond in round 2. He's got a high number of starts in college that Mayhew has talked about, he can make those throws when the pocket collapses and he's forced to scramble and he's got a rocket of an arm. The mechanics can be cleaned up and he won't need to start right away. He'll get time to learn the system and he'll get time to fix things up with his game.
According to Cooley Mond is a multiple year project. And has the same problem Haskins has, no touch on his passes. Always rifling it at his WRs. Pass.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ugh, the rumors will be rampant until the draft. There are no QBs (or other players) with trading up for beyond the 1/2 guys and they are not available. None of Mac, Fields or Lance are worthy of big trades up, not from 19 to 8 any way. Maybe from 19 to 16 or something smaller.
Prob not. That said, depending on cost — if Sewell were to fall, or you wanted the top CB or the 2nd or 3rd choice of Pitts/Chase/Waddle/DSmith?

Or Parsons possibly? There are players to be had at that slot. Really good ones.

of it’s for the 4th/5th QB? Extra Hard Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad