OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 15: Can 2020 actually be a good year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I kind of sort of get leaving Smith in there tonight, even though he did turn the ball over a few times. They were playing a team clearly tanking and I get playing the perhaps lower variance option while leading.

But if he doesn't magically feel better by Saturday they have to give the new guy the start right? Not that TB are worldbeaters but I'd rather go with the mystery box than a guy with one leg against a pretty good team.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I dunno, I think with competent QB play this is a 10-6 football team. Without it they scrounged their way to 7-9.

Ok yeah maybe worst playoff team, but best WFT team since 2012 maybe?

Haha. They just went 7-9 and the opponent in that 7th win threw the game.

I like how they're building from the D-line though. That's been fun to watch.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Definitely play Heinicke. At least go down swinging. You know what Alex can give you and it’s not good. I’m ok with them losing if they’re overmatched as long as they try and go balls out but watching them play not to lose but throwing 25 7-yard flat routes while still inevitably losing will drive me insane.
What was Alex’s record as a starter this year?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Since the NFL realigned to the current divisions in 2002, there has been only 4 teams to make the playoffs with a .500 record or lower

2010 Seattle Seahawks (7-9)
Pete Carroll first year and Marshawn Lynch
Beat the Saints in the first round

2014 Carolina Panthers (7-8-1)
Cam Newton rookie year and with Ron Rivera
Beat the Cardinals in the first round

2011 Denver Broncos (8-8)
Tebow magic game
Beat the Steelers in the first round

2008 San Diego Chargers (8-8)
LaDainian Tomlinson and Philip Rivers era
Beat the Colts in the first round

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Since the NFL realigned the current divisions in 2002, there has been only 4 teams to make the playoffs with a .500 record or lower

2010 Seattle Seahawks (7-9)
Pete Carroll first year and Marshawn Lynch
Beat the Saints in the first round

2014 Carolina Panthers (7-8-1)
Cam Newton rookie year and with Ron Rivera
Beat the Cardinals in the first round

2011 Denver Broncos (8-8)
Tebow magic game
Beat the Steelers in the first round

2008 San Diego Chargers (8-8)
LaDainian Tomlinson and Philip Rivers era
Beat the Colts in the first round
Welp?

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I definitely don’t feel bad for the giants though, 6-10 teams don’t make the playoffs lol. Would have gone absolutely insane watching that game as a Giants fan though

Neither do I(even as a Redskins Fan). Giants and their fans are just some whiny hypocrites! We gave them a win trying go for the 2 point conversion instead of kicking the extra point and going into OT. Our stupid young QB Dwayne Baskins Case(who was deservedly waived) lost the game for us against the Panthers, which should have put to rest the idea that Giants/Cowboys had a chance to win the division and get in for the last week.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I dunno, I think with competent QB play this is a 10-6 football team. Without it they scrounged their way to 7-9.

Ok yeah maybe worst playoff team, but best WFT team since 2012 maybe?

You do know that this team was very close in ending up with 3 additional wins, finishing 10-6 with the team they have had! 20-19 L they should have beat the Giants, 23-20 L to the Giants again and the 59 y FG loss against the Lions.

Sep 19, 2008
Washington ended the 2020 campaign with 7 wins.

All 7 were against teams not at 100% or starting a bench QB.

Philly 1 - OL nonexistent for Wentz

Dallas 1 - No Prescott, Dalton out, DiNiucci in

Cincinnati - Burrow out, Finley put in

Dallas 2 - Dalton

SF - no Garoppolo or Kittle and biggest threat Deebo Samuel out after one play

Eagles 2 - most of roster out, Pederson pulled Hurts for Sudfeld

Closest to 100% was Pittsburgh who was playing on short rest and had no Connor but their big stars Big Ben and Juju and Claypool were still playing.

Against full strength teams Washington did not fare too well. That being said I think this game is close Saturday but Tampa will probably win.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How many rushing yards did Hurts have in the 3rd quarter when WFT started spying him?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
This is going to be ugly. Playoff Brady to deal with and he always steps up in the post season. The club will need an act of divine spiritually intervention to beat the Bucs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad