OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 15: Can 2020 actually be a good year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
If you were told at the beginning of the year this team would win a division title nobody would believe you. This team was projected to be worst in the NFCE. And they looked like it early.

Credit to the staff for massive improvement. Maybe if there was a preseason to get adjusted there'd be a better start to the season.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Well, it’s not done yet. Got a get that win #7. The Panthers aren’t a bad team. They are mostly equivalent to DC. Worse in places, better in others. I know their record sucks, but DC has lost 2x to NYG, and to Det.

so while the odds are in their favour, they can’t lose out and expect anything.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm a little concerned about the rumors of Washington interviewing GM candidates. There was word Washington interviewed with Rick Smith (former Texans GM) and now Marty Hurney was fired by the Panthers.

They have a good GM in Kyle Smith right now who still doesn't have the title. Maybe he gets it in the offseason but they're already interviewing for his replacement.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm a little concerned about the rumors of Washington interviewing GM candidates. There was word Washington interviewed with Rick Smith (former Texans GM) and now Marty Hurney was fired by the Panthers.

They have a good GM in Kyle Smith right now who still doesn't have the title. Maybe he gets it in the offseason but they're already interviewing for his replacement.

Would be massively disappointing if they let Kyle Smith walk. Don't f*** this up.

That said, I wonder if Smith doesn't want to become GM here. It's been declared from day one that Ron has final say on personnel matters so maybe Kyle wants to go some place where he can call the shots?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
In regards to GM, Kyle Smith is not the GM. His title is VP of Player Development. Although he has earned the right to be promoted to GM he predates Rivera and it’s Rivera’s show. Rivera will want his own guy and Hurney checks that box.

Smith is still in the running for GM, and he is regarded as a young and up a coming talent evaluator league wide, but from what I’ve heard and read Smith is just keeping the seat warm until Hurney becomes available.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Would be massively disappointing if they let Kyle Smith walk. Don't f*** this up.

That said, I wonder if Smith doesn't want to become GM here. It's been declared from day one that Ron has final say on personnel matters so maybe Kyle wants to go some place where he can call the shots?

Given the success some recent guys have had after they left DC, maybe he’s always been seen as a placeholder, even by himself?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
In regards to GM, Kyle Smith is not the GM. His title is VP of Player Development. Although he has earned the right to be promoted to GM he predates Rivera and it’s Rivera’s show. Rivera will want his own guy and Hurney checks that box.

Smith is still in the running for GM, and he is regarded as a young and up a coming talent evaluator league wide, but from what I’ve heard and read Smith is just keeping the seat warm until Hurney becomes available.

Panthers fire GM Hurney, seek 'restart, refresh'

interesting comments....

The Carolina Panthers on Monday fired general manager Marty Hurney over philosophical differences.
"You look at successful organizations, and there's a certain alignment between the head coach and the GM," team owner David Tepper said in a statement. "To think that you can do that without some sort of alignment is nuts. So to not have a head coach with some input into that is stupid. I don't want to be stupid, OK?"

So was Hurney shutting out the current HC from the decision-making process?

He was a lame duck with an expiring contract anyway....

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
My word. I was going against Rams D...thank you Jets, but you are toast forevermore.

The drop off from Lawrence to the others is cataclysmic.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
If I was a Jets fan I would be unbelievably pissed, if you went to the NYJets subreddit and congratulated them on a win you would get banned :laugh:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Huge loss. When I was playing HS ball I tried to play with Greene’s intensity and motor. I didn’t succeed but I tried. Greene was a dominant OLB for a long time and earned his yellow jacket by kicking all forms of ass on every play.

A great one gone way to soon. RIP

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->