OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yes, it depends on the yard. RG3 was the poster child for senseless risk.

Knowing how and when to scramble, run, dive, slide, get out of bounds, throw it away, call a timeout, and heave it downfield are all fundamental Football IQ metrics for any QB.

The Skins haven't had a guy with that kind of smarts PLUS all the physical tools in a while. Cousins was close at times, but his INT phobia held him back.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Per the NFL's Next Gen stats Dwayne Haskins is 2nd in the league in SHORTEST "time to throw" (Big Ben is first). This measures elapsed time from snap to throw, excluding sacks.

He's also last in the league (FEWEST YARDS) in air yards per pass.

Quick dink and dunk.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Why? He is helping us get a new QB
He may actually get someone hurt. He might be the worst pass blocker I've ever seen. Opposing defensive Linemen are in our QBs' faces before they even have a chance to set or protect themselves. Also, why the double standard for him? He's way worse at his job than Haskins or any other QB is at theirs so what kind of message does it send when they keep trotting out a plug like him? Why doesHe's actively hindering development of the offense as well and costing other guys money since they can't run any type of offense with him playing the way he's playing which means neither running backs nor receivers are getting their opportunities.

Never understood why they didn't pay Flowers. He was their best OL last year by a considerable margin and with him in the lineup this year, the only real hole on the OL would be at LT. He's only 26 and didn't cost a lot with his new contract... sneaky bad decision to let him walk.

I dunno. To be honest I've moved firmly into the moderately-to-highly skeptical camp when it comes to Ron and the new regime. So far it seems like an awful decision to let O'Connell walk in favor of Scott Turner, there were and have been multiple piss poor personnel decisions, terrible game management on multiple occasions, and he couldn't have handled this QB situation any worse. And the defense that was supposed to be a strength has let up 30+ points in four out of five games and they look completely lost in the secondary. Honestly struggling to think of something that's encouraging about the way the team has played outside of the 2nd half of Week One. Maybe the run defense?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Per the NFL's Next Gen stats Dwayne Haskins is 2nd in the league in SHORTEST "time to throw" (Big Ben is first). This measures elapsed time from snap to throw, excluding sacks.

He's also last in the league (FEWEST YARDS) in air yards per pass.

Quick dink and dunk.

play calling or QB decision?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
He may actually get someone hurt. He might be the worst pass blocker I've ever seen. Opposing defensive Linemen are in our QBs' faces before they even have a chance to set or protect themselves. Also, why the double standard for him? He's way worse at his job than Haskins or any other QB is at theirs so what kind of message does it send when they keep trotting out a plug like him? Why doesHe's actively hindering development of the offense as well and costing other guys money since they can't run any type of offense with him playing the way he's playing which means neither running backs nor receivers are getting their opportunities.

Never understood why they didn't pay Flowers. He was their best OL last year by a considerable margin and with him in the lineup this year, the only real hole on the OL would be at LT. He's only 26 and didn't cost a lot with his new contract... sneaky bad decision to let him walk.

I dunno. To be honest I've moved firmly into the moderately-to-highly skeptical camp when it comes to Ron and the new regime. So far it seems like an awful decision to let O'Connell walk in favor of Scott Turner, there were and have been multiple piss poor personnel decisions, terrible game management on multiple occasions, and he couldn't have handled this QB situation any worse. And the defense that was supposed to be a strength has let up 30+ points in four out of five games and they look completely lost in the secondary. Honestly struggling to think of something that's encouraging about the way the team has played outside of the 2nd half of Week One. Maybe the run defense?
They’ve been horrible all around. That said, all the teams that have beaten them have been far better than expected. I think all have winning records, yes?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
play calling or QB decision?

I'm guessing QB decision based on what RR says he's been doing. If he's been trying to test DH in as many situations as possible he wouldn't be going with a Kyle S. type of modified playbook in hopes of winning out.

Worth noting that per the same stats, DH's attempted in-air pass stats are not dead last, so he's been attempting longer passes but mostly only connecting on the short ones.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad