OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Hard agreement with the bolded.

We skip on timeouts one game and then soon after we are in it for the division? Haskins is the guy one billion percent, then hes not, then he is, then he's bumped to third string.

Letting Smith play on our trash field in those trash conditions with that trash line performance is reckless and negligent. It's cool and great and borderline incomprehensible that he came back and played AND moved as well as he did. It was horrifying to watch him get lit up like he did with Allen cleared to play.

Ron is lucky he didn't end up making Shanahan's handling of RG3 against Seattle look safe.

Yeah. Wet field that's been known to have large grass chunks easily ripped out behind the worst offensive line performance I've seen since the Fun n Gun against an aggressive defense and throwing to receivers who are either young and don't know routes or cast-offs and coming back from 2 years of rehab from a brutal injury and flesh eating infection.

Its actually surprising worse didnt happen if you step back and think about it.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yep, we are no better than the Giants or the Jets.
I think we're (perhaps marginally) better than the Jets. They are really, really bad and have very few building blocks.

Although watching Jets it's crazy that we let Crowder walk. I hated it when it happened and I hate it even more now. He was 25 when he left Washington -- just entering his prime as a WR -- and had 20 more catches than our leading receiver last year. He is averaging over 100 yards/game this season when he's literally their only receiving option. Letting guys like that walk and ignoring how productive he was his first three years because he had an injury-riddled campaign in the last year of his contract is why this team (and more specifically this offense) is shit. Crowder would be a terrific #2 / slot guy right now to compliment Terry and might actually give the QBs a chance.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I think we're (perhaps marginally) better than the Jets. They are really, really bad and have very few building blocks.

Although watching Jets it's crazy that we let Crowder walk. I hated it when it happened and I hate it even more now. He was 25 when he left Washington -- just entering his prime as a WR -- and had 20 more catches than our leading receiver last year. He is averaging over 100 yards/game this season when he's literally their only receiving option. Letting guys like that walk and ignoring how productive he was his first three years because he had an injury-riddled campaign in the last year of his contract is why this team (and more specifically this offense) is shit. Crowder would be a terrific #2 / slot guy right now to compliment Terry and might actually give the QBs a chance.
I agree, at the time I was OK with letting Crowder walk and wanted to keep Desean. I was wrong, but when Desean is healthy he really opens an offense up. Crazy to think those times with Pierre/Crowder/Djax and Reed we had a respected offense and now we are just a joke.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It seems pretty obvious that the benching wasn’t really a “football” decision.

RR is teaching the kid a hard lesson. One he will hopefully take with him whenever he ends up — even if it’s still in DC.

I think all the smoke around Haskins is due to this stuff. He’s a better QB than the other 2 right now, for the most part. But he’s pissing off his coworkers and that cannot be tolerated.

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So it four weeks we went from “he is my guy, we’re going to tough it out and help him grow.” To now benched with trade rumors.

I also heard Haskins “un-friended” the WFT, it’s so Snyder’s skins if true

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Giants are up on Dallas and Miami is up on SF. Solid scores if they hold to help the tank. Think they’d be second to last behind the Jets if the games finished as they are right now.

Edit: forgot Atlanta is 0-5. How are they so bad with all of that talent on offense? Can’t imagine Quinn lasts much longer.

Checking the time stamps... 1 minute later. AlexBrovechkin, can I borrow your time machine?

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
We need a QB. Period. Until we fix that we aren't going anywhere. We need to tank and it's going to take a lot to out tank the Jets/Giants. This is the year to do it too...no fans at games wasting time/money, "astericks" season..etc. Just do it!

Reactions: Bananas

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Dak turned down a $175M contract offer, looking for more money. I feel bad for him, a little, but that was a mistake in hindsight. I doubt his next contract, coming off this injury, will be close to that.
I understand what you're saying but I don't agree. Why should he have accepted a contract below market value and less than what he's worth? Why should he save money for his owner who is worth $9 billion? Would you accept a below-market value and long-term employment contract that locked you into one employer but one where they could fire you at will for no reason other than they think they can find a cheaper solution? The sums of money these guys are making are unfathomable to 99.99% of the world's population but that doesn't mean they should give these billionaires a discount just because it's a lot of money. As we've all seen, injuries can and do end or shorten careers in one play so I don't fault players at all for trying to extract maximum value as would any other person during a job offer negotiation, especially when they guys writing the checks are wealthier than them by several orders of magnitude and get to sit in a climate-controlled press box all game being waited on while the players are out there bashing each others brains in.

What we should be bemoaning is the franchise tag. It's garbage and allows owners to extract maximum value from players without having to commit to them. The franchise tag should turn into a three-year deal that's all guaranteed money in year one and that gives the player the option to extend or renegotiate the contract in years two and three. This would give the players some longer term security and incentivize the owners to either negotiate in good faith and pay the players what they're worth or let the player hit the market.

Reactions: tycoonheart

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
It seems pretty obvious that the benching wasn’t really a “football” decision.

RR is teaching the kid a hard lesson. One he will hopefully take with him whenever he ends up — even if it’s still in DC.

I think all the smoke around Haskins is due to this stuff. He’s a better QB than the other 2 right now, for the most part. But he’s passing off his coworkers and that cannot be tolerated.

Lol what? Based on what evidence is he better than the two other guys? I would say Alex Smith was probably the worst, but the man hasn't played a live game in almost 2 years.... Allen played better than Haskins in the limited time he was on the field. He made quick decisions and used his legs to make some plays, but it was a small sample size. I think we will get a better idea moving forward.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Lol what? Based on what evidence is he better than the two other guys? I would say Alex Smith was probably the worst, but the man hasn't played a live game in almost 2 years.... Allen played better than Haskins in the limited time he was on the field. He made quick decisions and used his legs to make some plays, but it was a small sample size. I think we will get a better idea moving forward.
Allen played better than Haskins? Oh please. That’s obviously your narrative here — every single post that you mention Haskins is as negative as it can get — so let’s not pretend you can even be a little bit open minded here.

Allen looked fine, in that he could hit people underneath and make some plays. Same as Haskins. But Allen has a FULL YEAR in this offense over Haskins, and that is a massive advantage. There is zero way to refute that.

Haskins was the starter, but he lost the room. That’s also obvious. Where else do you see the young “absolute starter” getting yanked after 4 weeks? On a team that everyone knew was rebuilding.....based on personnel decisions all over the roster.

Haskins pissed people off. So he got relegated to bench warmer. His haters will say it was only
Performance Based. Everyone else will see it for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad