OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm going to need someone to convince me why giving Dak a blank check and using the high draft picks to fill out the holes around him isn't the best move we could make.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I could be brutally misremembering this, but doesn't his performance tank hard without Zeke?

Hs's down 3/5 of his starting line and he has no defense but he's averaged 444 passing yards/game to go along with 9 TDs and 3 INTs. Zeke is averaging 69 (nice) yards/game and < 4 yards/carry, so I don't think Dak is a product of Zeke at the moment. I love Dak. He's mobile enough, has a terrific arm, and he's smart. Dallas is top to bottom a worse team than Washington at the moment and they have been fools in not trying to pay him what he's worth, so if they're to continue being fools we should sweep in and at the very least, drive his price tag up.

Signing Dak immediately changes the timeline to compete. Add Dak and say, Penei Sewell at OT, and the offense is lightyears better next year than it is now. Dak's a top 5 QB in this league and he's also only 27 so it's not like you're signing a hobbled Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to try and eek out one or two runs.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Sep 19, 2008
I think it's less tank and more played tough teams. They will prob end up with 5 or 6 wins but they are better than the Jets and other such blatantly tanking teams.

Eagles w
Cards look mortal now
Cleveland good
Ravens good

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to need someone to convince me why giving Dak a blank check and using the high draft picks to fill out the holes around him isn't the best move we could make.

they already offered him 5 years 175 mil, 100 guaranteed....he said no. Gaudy early numbers aside, when he wins the big game, I’ll be surprised. I wouldn’t give the guy a blank check, but I certainly believe he would make us credible. Cowboys have built around him and we don’t have those niceties here for him though....

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
they already offered him 5 years 175 mil, 100 guaranteed....he said no. Gaudy early numbers aside, when he wins the big game, I’ll be surprised. I wouldn’t give the guy a blank check, but I certainly believe he would make us credible. Cowboys have built around him and we don’t have those niceties here for him though....
They made the playoffs at least once w him, right?

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I do believe a prior post touched on this....

dak no bueno w/o zeke. I seem to recall his performance dipping in those games, but one would have to check the stats to confirm. Iirc it was most apparent when zeke was given a time out by the league.

on a side note...what in the hell is going on with this site? It’s like the ny post website with all the constantly loading and battery draining ads.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
ATLs new uniforms are pretty sweet as well. And have to think Dan Quinn’s seat is getting warm as well.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I want to reiterate my firm and rabid desire to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever watch Stroman receive a punt or kickoff again.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
ATLs new uniforms are pretty sweet as well. And have to think Dan Quinn’s seat is getting warm as well.
Have to disagree. The all whites are ok but they have the perfect black ones available and they f***ed it all up. These things are gorgeous.
e88c7b28675f8f6d8e9ee40ed52f36e0.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
I do believe a prior post touched on this....

dak no bueno w/o zeke. I seem to recall his performance dipping in those games, but one would have to check the stats to confirm. Iirc it was most apparent when zeke was given a time out by the league.

on a side note...what in the hell is going on with this site? It’s like the ny post website with all the constantly loading and battery draining ads.
If Gibson pans out does it really matter

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Have to disagree. The all whites are ok but they have the perfect black ones available and they f***ed it all up. These things are gorgeous.
e88c7b28675f8f6d8e9ee40ed52f36e0.jpg

Those are the original uniforms. They are sweet but I prefer the prime time black and silver or a modern version of it. The current unis are close.

49e79c5cacaa331c48acb6b50f76b8b7.jpg

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Next 7 games should say a lot about this team since they're playing a bunch of fellow basement dwellers. Schedule: vs LA (Rams), @ NYG, vs DAL, vs NYG, @ DET, vs CIN, @DAL

Any predictions? I'm going 3-4: L, W, L, W, L, W, L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->