OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
It doesn't matter who's behind center if there's no line help

Team coincidentally playing better with Scherff but I would love to have more linemen

Sep 19, 2008
rmge4ff0uav51.png

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Fun thing happens when you make playoffs: free agents want to come to your team. They see potential.

What free agents are gonna want to come to a team that is drafting another quarterback? Shows that team is years away from competing.

We’re not even to the point where needle moving free agents matter that much. They ARE years from competing.

Reactions: Corby78

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
You could argue that amari cooper signing could have improved this team a lot
Doubtful. A better offensive line would be more important. A better OL makes the running game more effective which opens up play action which allows lesser talented receivers to get open easier. I mean, just look at Dallas: they have Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, and CeeDee Lamb at WR with Zeke at RB and they are ass. If you don't have a QB and an OL it doesn't matter if you have Randy Moss and Jerry Rice on the outside, the offense is going to suck... unless you have an insanely talented QB who is mobile and can make broken plays into positive plays with a high degree of regularity, like Dak or Russell Wilson.

You either need an elite talent at QB to mask deficiencies elsewhere or a very strong supporting cast and offensive scheme that helps make average QBs look great (like Tannehill in Tennessee). Washington has neither an elite talent at QB (or even above average) or a strong supporting cast (or even average) and Cooper wouldn't have changed the equation much. Cooper and Trent Williams and a signed Erick Flowers could have made a difference but we have Bruce to thank for that not being a possibility.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think so. It’s the NFL. Things can change fast.

if they draft OL correctly this season, then add some offensive weapons and a DB in FA, they could easily leap forward 2-4 wins. Easily.

When I say years, they are IMO, 2-3 years minimum from being more than playoff “barely” qualifiers......and that window starts once they have their QB. I won’t be holding my breath until that guy arrives.

just making the playoffs for a punchers chance with a limited field general isn’t the goal IMO.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
The Bostic hit was bad but the most telling thing was how no Cowboy went to protect Dalton's honor afterward. They just laid down and let WFT run all over them.

No one stood up for Dalton on the field or pushed or shoved or showed any kind of fight.

Sep 19, 2008
Also Amari Cooper said no to WFT and signed with the Cowboys long term. Then he goes out and doesn't do anything all game. :laugh:

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
The Bostic hit was bad but the most telling thing was how no Cowboy went to protect Dalton's honor afterward. They just laid down and let WFT run all over them.

No one stood up for Dalton on the field or pushed or shoved or showed any kind of fight.

I so hate the instigator penalty.

Reactions: tenken00

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
It doesn't matter who's behind center if there's no line help

Team coincidentally playing better with Scherff but I would love to have more linemen

Absurd.

Who your QB is happens to be the single most significant bit of info if you're trying to contend.

Skins fans are so accustomed to f***ing sucking they've forgotten what good QB play looks like.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
When I say years, they are IMO, 2-3 years minimum from being more than playoff “barely” qualifiers......and that window starts once they have their QB. I won’t be holding my breath until that guy arrives.

just making the playoffs for a punchers chance with a limited field general isn’t the goal IMO.

Yep.

Unless their plan is to build the 2000 Ravens defense.

In which case they'll need a couple more star players at MLB and S.

Which is a different argument.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This whole discussion gives me a headache. This team should be 3-0 in the division, 3-4 overall, with its only losses to 5-2 Cleveland, 5-1 Baltimore, 5-2 Arizona, and 4-2 LA Rams.

Which would mean all their losses were to teams a combined 15-7 without counting the 4 wins bs DC. So 19-7 with them.

Yet no one seems to see that as a good thing because all they want to do is whine about not being 0-7. I’m over it.

And I’m still really ticked off about the Giants game and the 2pt conversion !!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Absurd.

Who your QB is happens to be the single most significant bit of info if you're trying to contend.

Skins fans are so accustomed to f***ing sucking they've forgotten what good QB play looks like.

There isn't any way to see good QB play on this team. You don't get to see that when you have a single receiver and a bad line. All you get to see is a QB trying to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad