OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Giants are up on Dallas and Miami is up on SF. Solid scores if they hold to help the tank. Think they’d be second to last behind the Jets if the games finished as they are right now.

Edit: forgot Atlanta is 0-5. How are they so bad with all of that talent on offense? Can’t imagine Quinn lasts much longer.

Sep 19, 2008
Giants are up on Dallas and Miami is up on SF. Solid scores if they hold to help the tank. Think they’d be second to last behind the Jets if the games finished as they are right now.

Edit: forgot Atlanta is 0-5. How are they so bad with all of that talent on offense? Can’t imagine Quinn lasts much longer.
defense is terrible

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just watched down to the 2 minute warning in the 4th. That was enough of that.

Allen sucks, he's functionally no better than Haskins. Smith is inspirational, but watching him is terrifying for his health and also he sucks just as badly as the other two.

We have probably already completely ruined Haskins in the last 1.5 years. He sucks. But if there is any hope at all of reclaiming him, however slim, then the offensive line in front of him has to never play like they just did for Allen and Smith. Holy shit.

That game sucked. Football Team sucks. Football Team will always suck. The end result of this sucking will be drafting another QB high and then completely ruining them too. Repeat, forever.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The elephant in the room, to be honest, is that Chase Young has not really been the dominant force we hoped for. I know it’s early but I’m not seeing a guy doing much disrupting, save for a couple exceptions. Did he have any QB pressures today?

Sep 19, 2008
The only light is that these 5 games have been against good teams. Ravens, Rams, and Browns look pretty good. Cardinals are 3-2 too.

The next 6 opponents stink. The Giants in particular are winless (although could win today)

I think Rivera said his goal is to go 4-2 in those games. If they do that they could be right back in the mix.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The elephant in the room, to be honest, is that Chase Young has not really been the dominant force we hoped for. I know it’s early but I’m not seeing a guy doing much disrupting, save for a couple exceptions. Did he have any QB pressures today?

He has been chipped and double teamed consistently since week 1.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Oh man - Dak’s ankle snapped in a gruesome way. I had ankle replacement surgery earlier this year, and seeing that is brutal. Just feel awful for Prescott

Reactions: Beef Invictus

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
A
Can't win in the NFL with a bad OL. Just can't.
A hallmark of the Snyder era is the organization’s treatment of the OL as an afterthought, that can be patched together with castaways and whatevers. It’s the exact opposite of what successful organizations do

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Brutal to see Dak like that. He's one of the great dudes in the league and he had the courage to come out recently discussing his battles with depression and anxiety after he lost his brother earlier this year. I hope he gets better and makes a full recovery.

And if I'm Alex Smith, I am retiring tomorrow. He did the impossible and came back from one of the worst injuries in sports history -- nothing more to prove to himself or anyone else. You did it; now go have a normal life with your wife and kids and get far away from this train wreck of an organization.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Dak having surgery tonight. If I’m the skins I’m still going after him in the offseason.

Imagine Dalton rallying the Cowboys to the playoffs, and then Jones casting Dak aside, only for the WFT to scoop him up.

Just imagine it....

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
This is why I hated on Allen. Oh boy, you complete your passes. Good for you. They're all checkdown quality. He's a slightly more mobile John Beck.

No one thought that Allen or Alex Smith is the future. We will need to get that in the offseason in the draft or free agency. But if Allen or Alex Smith need to play to keep the team together while we lose instead of grumbling and losing, so be it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No one thought that Allen or Alex Smith is the future. We will need to get that in the offseason in the draft or free agency. But if Allen or Alex Smith need to play to keep the team together while we lose instead of grumbling and losing, so be it.

There are a ton of people out there who were adamant that Allen would be a clear upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad