OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 2 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

VA prospects don’t look great. 400 mil is on the table from MD.

Hogan already said they wouldn’t get a dime for the stadium from MD. He said the $400M is an approved proposal that will be used to develop the land around the stadium, and that development will happen with or without the Commanders staying. So they actually have an offer for $0 public dollars from MD to build a stadium, which is the way it should be.

Sep 19, 2008
The D didn't get better until injuries forced them to start actually sending blitzes. Before that he was content to just let the D front try to pressure the QB all alone while dropping a bunch of guys who are total shit at coverage, into really long duration coverages. Meanwhile the D line was making gaps that the guys behind them should have been charging through, but weren't. It was unbelievable.

I just don't know what kind of upside the group has though regardless of coaching ideas. They haven't improved anywhere near enough.
The D got better when Collins and Bostic stopped being liabilities

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Hogan already said they wouldn’t get a dime for the stadium from MD. He said the $400M is an approved proposal that will be used to develop the land around the stadium, and that development will happen with or without the Commanders staying. So they actually have an offer for $0 public dollars from MD to build a stadium, which is the way it should be.
400 mil is 400 mil. Same as 100 mil more than the VA proposal is real money, not a drop in the bucket when the owner of the team is re-election poison.

All in all, as Thom Loverro has been saying for a while, a new stadium next to FedEx is the likely outcome unless there is a new owner. Snyder already has the land and all, or some, of that 400 mil would go a long way.

Having said all that, relocation is still a possibility. Still extremely remote but if the money offered by VA and MD stay where they are or go down, never mind zero from DC, and investigations continue the NFL may let Danny move. They can’t vote him out so allowing to start over somewhere else may be the best option to prevent this from getting really ugly.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
400 mil is 400 mil. Same as 100 mil more than the VA proposal is real money, not a drop in the bucket when the owner of the team is re-election poison.

All in all, as Thom Loverro has been saying for a while, a new stadium next to FedEx is the likely outcome unless there is a new owner. Snyder already has the land and all, or some, of that 400 mil would go a long way.

Having said all that, relocation is still a possibility. Still extremely remote but if the money offered by VA and MD stay where they are or go down, never mind zero from DC, and investigations continue the NFL may let Danny move. They can’t vote him out so allowing to start over somewhere else may be the best option to prevent this from getting really ugly.
“Bold“ prediction Cotton……the path of least resistance for Snyder is likely (because every other path has heavy resistance, even relocation)…..you don‘t say Tom….

What other (non-DMV) metropolitan area is welcoming this scumbag owner to its city limits with all this recent attention and track record?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

I heard an interview with the local council rep for that area and he said talks never really got started with the team. He said they wanted some kind of commitment from the team before they spend considerable hours and manpower doing a deep dive into presenting a package but the team never committed.

I dont know how these things go but I imagine putting together a package like that would require a lot of hours and time. impact studies, accountants, traffic logisitcs? .. I dont know but it sounds like making a proposal package would have been costly ... and then that work would be for nothing.

He strongly implied they were willing to work with the team but conditions to even begin earnest talks were never met by both sides.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Has anyone said they'll vote for the stadium lol

At this point any politician who states they would vote to help Danny get free money will face some serious voter backlash. Some have already said they were "no longer" supporting it.... So I think Danny will find no takers anywhere in DMV who will roll out a red carpet of tax money to the ShitWaffles. Danny will either have to self fund it all and hope the local govt makes some needed infrastructure improvements, or he will simply never get a new stadium and find himself dead last in revenues forever.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
At this point any politician who states they would vote to help Danny get free money will face some serious voter backlash. Some have already said they were "no longer" supporting it.... So I think Danny will find no takers anywhere in DMV who will roll out a red carpet of tax money to the ShitWaffles. Danny will either have to self fund it all and hope the local govt makes some needed infrastructure improvements, or he will simply never get a new stadium and find himself dead last in revenues forever.
I just don't see the backlash in VA like there have been in times past where state and local governments were doaling out way more money. VA is way into the black with a surplus of fed money. I think its more the general toxic-ness of Snyder that is getting the state reps running with the wind. And I think there is a reasonable doubt that snyder could pull off a stadium and entertainment complex area.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
“Bold“ prediction Cotton……the path of least resistance for Snyder is likely (because every other path has heavy resistance, even relocation)…..you don‘t say Tom….

What other (non-DMV) metropolitan area is welcoming this scumbag owner to its city limits with all this recent attention and track record?
St. Louis, San Antonio, Oakland and maybe San Diego?

It’s a slim chance, like a Nats ass slim, but probably the only option get the little bastard out of this market. The Commodores are basically an expansion team now anyway. Ideal situation and give DC an expansion team when the league expands to London. Or when the Jags move to London and the league expands in Germany. ;)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why move the Jags when you can just accept a $1.5 billion expansion fee from someone overseas to expand to London?

I’m happy to see Snyder gone in any way possible, but this seems like the long way to not really be out of it….

Just force the guy out already…

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Bowser has made clear that she wants the Commanders to return to D.C. at RFK Stadium, which is National Park Service land, but D.C. cannot negotiate a deal unless Congress allows the city to purchase the land.Several council members — including Mendelson — have said they do not want to use local resources to build a stadium for the Commanders, a team that remains under investigation in Congress for alleged sexual harassment and financial improprieties. Mendelson also has said he’s open to discussing a deal that would prepare the land for the Commanders but wouldn’t support their possible move into the city until the National Football League releases the findings of its sexual harassment investigation into the team and its owner.

Norton has described the bill as home-rule legislation to empower D.C. to use the RFK site for development however it would like — but many Democrats still see it as a proposal that could ultimately benefit the Commanders. Because of the ongoing sexual harassment and financial improprieties investigations on the House Oversight and Reform Committee — on which Norton sits — Democrats aren’t necessarily inclined to take any actions that could help the team.

“All [Bowser and Mendelson] have to do is give me a bill they both agree upon — then I will have a lot of challenges still here in the Congress,” Norton said. “I can’t move anything in the Congress if I can’t get my own city officials to agree on a bill.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad